TRW Pads Rear!

Matt197

South West Rep
I must be blind because I never knew Renault put TRW pads on the rear and Brembo on the front, I always thought it was Brembo pads all around.

Anyone switched to Brembo at the rear out on interest?

There tends to be little or no difference between standard pads from tier 1 manufacturers so I doubt you would notice any difference.

There tends to be little or no difference between standard pads from tier 1 manufacturers so I doubt you would notice any difference.

^^ this.... However I'm using OMP pads in the rear, they haven't let me down and they only cost 30 notes on ebay

could it because the rear calipers are trw ones :thumbsup:

they are stamped trw 8)

Thanks for the replies lads, having issues getting OEM Renault pads under £51 so might get some Brembo ones then. I'm not trying to cheep it, I just hate paying for P&P and all the OEM pads people are charging £8 P&P and seeing as I can get Brembo pads for £39.99 its a winner for me.

Standard fronts are ferrodo ..

Unless I am mistaken and I might be but on mine it has a Brembo logo, on k-tecs website as well it shows the same and on worldsaparts.

could it because the rear calipers are trw ones :thumbsup:

they are stamped trw 8)

haha, did not know that Si. I must be blinder than I first thought then, just assumed it was Brembo all round. :smiley:

Last edited:
standard rear pads are fine from any oe spec supplier ie ferodo mintex etc

the front pads have ferodo on them as there are few brakes manufactures that make the backing plates - so sometimes you get backing plates with a different pad compound on them iirc

Thanks for clearing that up Si, kinda confusing that they do that though :s

Ordered some Brembo ones from next day brakes, just need my wheels back :jumpon:

i used brembos for replacement on the front from nextday brakes and pagids on the rears from ECP - would recommend both