Track car project

iAndy

Platinum Member
Ok.... I admit that I have been foolish in thinking that a brand new clio would be a worthy track toy and after loosing it in a corsa Vxr today at the power event the thought has gone to something more modestly priced to start with..... So with that in mind I've just bought a Mazda mx5 1.8i with low miles and history, 12 months test so the project is on!! Gonna run her like she is for a few months then turn her into a MEV Exocet over the winter :smile:

Perhaps investing some cash into developing as a driver would be a worth while investment .Otherwise low or high power FWD or RWD you will come unstuck.

Arron.

Yeah looking at that too, but sometimes accidents do happen. We all get carried away in the heat of moment. Just worried about warranty issues if car has lots of track use etc

Yeah looking at that too, but sometimes accidents do happen. We all get carried away in the heat of moment. Just worried about warranty issues if car has lots of track use etc

Yes no doubt , i have had a few my self so know where you are coming from . Just take some time to get to "know" the car dont just go in hot an expect to be stig like :smile: have fun and stay safe .

Been on the Vxr day and learnt a lot today. Gonna have a look and see if renault do anything similar. If not Vxr racing school, Half day tuition for £195 it is :smile:

You wont have any warranty issues using the clio on track.
Renaultsport promote their cars that way & ive had no worries.
Mine is tracked a lot n is under warranty.

Good little project Andy, I've been looking at picking one of these up but I just don't have the space outside my flat :worried:.

please DONT turn it into an Exocet though, they're the UGLIEST car ever! I'd keep the cash, go for better suspension, brakes and wheels/tyres on it as is. The rest can be put to one side for a turbo conversion when you want more power. Those engines are good for 200/250bhp + on standard internals!

Good little project Andy, I've been looking at picking one of these up but I just don't have the space outside my flat :worried:.

please DONT turn it into an Exocet though, they're the UGLIEST car ever! I'd keep the cash, go for better suspension, brakes and wheels/tyres on it as is. The rest can be put to one side for a turbo conversion when you want more power. Those engines are good for 200/250bhp + on standard internals!

Lol, I haven't really got space to do what I want.... Exocet isn't about looks to me, the mazda drive train with some tweeking will make a good car, but they are really bad for falling apart in the body. So at £1995 for the kit I thought what the hell with looks and no roof..... Just go for it, will be a laugh if nothing else :smile:

Pick her up as soon as I can get to Gainsborough......