Toyota GT 86 finally official

Looks nice though the wheels look like they borrowed a design from Renault i.e. are terrible.

Will probably be a better 2nd hand buy given the price tag.

its no 370z is it.
you can tell alot of subaru is in there too, especially the rear lights. ill save my judgement till evo actually drive it

It's not really aimed at the same audience as a 370 though is it, that like saying any car is no Bugatti Veyron......

...this has my attention...could tempt me away from Renault!! Interested to see what the Subaru car is like in comparison..........

Hmmm, they've ruined it a little IMO. The wheels look cheap and too narrow, the rear three quarter looks a little Hyundai Coupé too. But in a more menacing black colour with some MUCH nicer wheels and less chrome in the rear lights it could be made good again lol!

...agree with you Robo.....needs some more agressive styling.....brembo breaks, lower stance...fatter and bigger wheels....will be interesting to see what the options will be. The Subaru sister car is bound to be more aggresive in its styling. I read that there will be an STi version for around the 25k mark, but that seems a little cheap......

Yeah I think the original price estimates were a little on the cheap side. Its all dependant on the exchange rate though really. When I first saw the Scoob BRZ concept I liked the Toyota much more, but now I'm kinda looking forward to seeing it.

dont like the wheels!

engine - 7000rpm peak power and 6600rpm torque peak...sounds like a bit of a pain to drive with those figures.....:001_rolleyes:

Id like to say I love it, I really would... but it looks cheap

The front end looks really good, the back 2 thirds look a little too plain, cheap cheap looking windows/window moulding. Bugger all wheel arch flair, nasty wheels and a high stance. The bum looks like a toyota camry, old and cheap too.

Not a fan unfortunately

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6WnrqMDTw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone got an idea what that logo is on the front wing?

The logo on the side? looks like its two pistons either side to represent the boxer motor and then the 86 in the middle.

The Subaru looks cleaner, but thats probably the white paint job vs the crappy copper colour on the Toyota. I prefer it without the crappy Toyota rear spoiler, but the Toyota looks nicer from the front.. swings and roundabouts really.

I agree the subi looks better all round except for the front end...

these cars should be young, stupid and lairy...