Towing

Hope I have got this in the right section!
I'm sure that some of you on here have towed your Clio's on a trailer before.
If so, what towing vehicle did you use?

The only reason I ask, is for future planning as I want to get a new car this year, and keep the Clio too. But the new car must be capable of towing the Clio on a trailer.

Was considering a VW GT TDi, but I'm not sure it's man enough.

Any help wuld be great :smile:

Jake

I've just bought a jag x type to do the same and with a decent trailer and my Clio it will be up to its max towing :worried: so selling the jag and looking for something else now. But from what I can see it has to be something quite big to handle my 200 on a decent trailer, car 1240kg + 320kg for trailer. Also need a B + E licence to tow, which I ain't got so am starting learning on Sunday, doesn't sound too hard to get a licence thou.

My car choice at moment is BMW 525d touring, L200, or a discovery td5. They are only ones I think will pull car and stop with ease, or other option I have is put a tow bar on my mums Rav4 and my 2nd car can be swapped with hers when I need to tow lol

Cheers guys.
I will also need to get my 'trailer license.'
A Golf, like I mentioned will tow 1400kg according to the technical spec, so with a Clio and car trailer, it'll be roughly 200kg overweight.

Think an estate is the only option for me really.