Tow strap for clio 197 rs

The link should be to the 197 version.

they differ in length between that and the 200

Are you talking front or rear? Front is easy to do because the ZPO extender that Beany links to above screws onto the existing tow point thread, then allows a fabric tow strap to be fitted under the bumper cut out. If you do go down this route I'd advise using some threadlock as mine vibrated loose on track.

You'll need to trim some of the plastic back to get it to sit flush:

0392ADCF-89DB-48D7-A658-7566A08988DC_1_105_c.jpeg

The rear is a bit harder because whilst you can fit the same ZPO extender, it sits right above the left hand exhaust outlet and you'd have a fabric strap dangling in front of the exhaust. The solution to this on my car was to attach a wire tow loop to the chassis, fed through the original hole, you can see what I mean here:

DA978738-4D4B-49EB-ABC7-11E8A64D90E9_1_105_c.jpeg

I never had an issue of it coming loose.. it did fly out tho on an occasion!

as Iain has said if you want it looking prettyyou can trim The cover… I was a pauper and left it without the cover or had it rolled and tucked.

The other method for the rear is to have a slit and have it slightly poking out like the cup racers but disadvantage is if you need it it could slip back.

Given that nearly everyone goes flying in to gravel front first, thus gets dragged out backwards, thought i'd add rear tow loop for a winter project.

@R20BTG was that a bumper off job to wrap it around the chassis? or is it screwed in to the oem hole? little concerned that if it's yanked at any angle it might pull the bumper with it

I can’t answer your question mate as I’ve never had the rear bumper off, it was fitted as part of the original build at Supreme. Sorry!

Given that nearly everyone goes flying in to gravel front first, thus gets dragged out backwards, thought i'd add rear tow loop for a winter project.

@R20BTG was that a bumper off job to wrap it around the chassis? or is it screwed in to the oem hole? little concerned that if it's yanked at any angle it might pull the bumper with it
There is a towing eye hole on the passenger side at the rear. It is hidden by the bumper. I would guess that anyone with a rear tow strap has used the rear towing eye hole rather than wrap something around the chassis.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mattrs182 Clio 197 Area 3
ZorkoRS197 Clio 197 Area 7
ZorkoRS197 Clio 197 Area 0
Sideshowfred For Sale 1
R Clio General Chat 5