Torn between Meg R26 & 200T

Hello all! I used to be an active member on here when I had my first 197, but been off for a while playing with other Renaultsport,s!

Now, I am looking to sell my Alfa 159 and either get a meg or 200T.

Questions I have are -

MPG?
Tax?
Service intervals & cost?
Chain, does it ever need replacing?
Insurance group?
Any common faults?
What to look out for when viewing?

Anything else you can think of too!

Cheers, Dawn :blink:

Hello all! I used to be an active member on here when I had my first 197, but been off for a while playing with other Renaultsport,s!

Now, I am looking to sell my Alfa 159 and either get a meg or 200T.

Questions I have are -

MPG? Less in the Megane
Tax? More from the Megane
Service intervals & cost? Roighly equal (bar the meg being out of warranty soooo....)
Chain, does it ever need replacing? What chain? It'[s not a bicycle :wink: (it uses belts usually changed about every 5 years)
Insurance group? the meg will be more to insure
Any common faults? The meganes let water in the doors.
What to look out for when viewing? Usual things.

Anything else you can think of too!

Cheers, Dawn :blink:

MPG? Less in the Megane
Tax? More in the Megane
Service intervals & cost? Roighly equal (bar the meg being out of warranty soooo....)
Chain, does it ever need replacing? What chain? It's not a bicycle :wink: (it uses belts usually changed about every 5 years)
Insurance group? the meg will be more to insure
Any common faults? The meganes let water in the doors.
What to look out for when viewing? Usual things.

Chain, does it ever need replacing? What chain? It's not a bicycle :wink: (it uses belts usually changed about every 5 years)

200t use a chain now mate.

I have both kind of, If u liked ur old 197 then ide personally go for the R26. The 200T is alot more civilised now for a Renaultsport, dont get me wrong its a very gd car and does everything i ask it to do but it just doesnt have the excitement like a megane or 197 does. Completely depends on what u need to use it for aswell, if its a family car ide go for the 200T but if its just a weekend car then deffo the megane. Could have best of both worlds and go for a mk3 megane? Like grumpytwig said, running cost are pretty identical, if u was happy with ur 197 running cost s then u have nothing to worry about.

200t use a chain now mate.

I have both kind of, If u liked ur old 197 then ide personally go for the R26. The 200T is alot more civilised now for a Renaultsport, dont get me wrong its a very gd car and does everything i ask it to do but it just doesnt have the excitement like a megane or 197 does. Completely depends on what u need to use it for aswell, if its a family car ide go for the 200T but if its just a weekend car then deffo the megane. Could have best of both worlds and go for a mk3 megane? Like grumpytwig said, running cost are pretty identical, if u was happy with ur 197 running cost s then u have nothing to worry about.
Oh ****, as they do :smiley:

Two really sound bit of advice above me. Not much more to add really. It basically boils down to is it a daily, if so get the Clio, it will be far better suited to that, but if it's something you want to thrill you every now and then, well go the whole hog and get an R26R

:smile:

I had an R26 before my Meg 265 and used it daily for an 80 mile round trip to work. With the torque from the turbo I'd say the Meg would be better to live with daily for me

Hi,
If you ever need any insurance quotes for either vehicle then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
Regards,
Dan.

My 200T just for day to day 31/33 locals 47 mpg on a run road tax £146 per year last service at renault =£190 any questions please ask

For what it's worth, I found the 220T just as quiet and refined as my Megane 250 on my test drive of the car. I was actually very surprised at how good the dampening was along the bumpy road too (and how well the Supersport tyres dealt with the standing water on the dual carriageway!). I think it would be a very easy car to live with day to day.

R26 is how old? 200T is nearly new. Running costs. Depends how often you are having to fix the R26. How much do the belts cost etc etc. You can get a 200T for £11k now still under warranty. Old cars are great if you have the ability to do your own maintenance, otherwise a new car should have less problems.

Reactions: PAUL JA