Topmount alignment

Scalino65

Paid Member
Hi. I'm just about to fit new shocks, spings and topmounts on my 200cup. Its all OE stuff. I'm wondering about positioning of the topmounts as the mounting holes in the scuttle are oval and there is, I guess, some movement as to exactly where they end up being torqued down. Should I be looking to align the topmount bolts exactly as per where the factory paint marks are? Otherwise will i get different caster/camber from what I had before? Should I fit it all up and then get my tracking checked?
Hope this question makes sense!
Cheers
Will

Always worth getting your tracking done after you’ve messed around with suspension components anyway imo.

The wobble room isn’t really a great deal in the scheme of things on these, unless someone has opened the holes out. I’d just try to match them up with the existing marks as you’ve said.

Always worth getting your tracking done after you’ve messed around with suspension components anyway imo.

The wobble room isn’t really a great deal in the scheme of things on these, unless someone has opened the holes out. I’d just try to match them up with the existing marks as you’ve said.

As said above, or at least match each side (mirrored of each other if you get what I mean?)

HI,thanks for teh reply Suj, I was concerned about the "wriggle room" in the inner wing mounting for the top mounts. Its probably negligible and I'll just line it up with the factory paint blobs that were put on. I've two new tyres for the front, so when done, I'll get tracking looked at when I take it down for tyres to be fitted. (and charge the a/c).
Thanks for your help:smile:

Reactions: suj
Well, I've built up one shock tower.
Top tip when ordering bits, new bump stops dont come with the new shocks so you have to remember to swap the old ones over.
I'll go into battle with my spring compressors tomorrow and refit it.

Reactions: suj