To cam or not to cam

Juk3sy

Paid Member
Ok so i'm looking for a little advice here.

I have a coolant leak on my 200 and it would appear that when the cam belt was done, a previous owner in their infinite wisdom, didn't do the water pump and aux belt. Screw that guy in particular!

So now I have to get the belts done. Using some advanced man maths I have calculated that since I am paying the labour anyway dropping in a set of cams now would be the most economical way to do it.
So what's the general consensus, stick some in while I have the chance or not really worth the money?

If I was going to fit some would 402's be the preferred choice? I think I remember Rich having issue with 403's and unmapping until his ecu swap, and at this moment in time my man maths can't calculate a new ecu in as a bargain!

Ok so i'm looking for a little advice here.

I have a coolant leak on my 200 and it would appear that when the cam belt was done, a previous owner in their infinite wisdom, didn't do the water pump and aux belt. Screw that guy in particular!

So now I have to get the belts done. Using some advanced man maths I have calculated that since I am paying the labour anyway dropping in a set of cams now would be the most economical way to do it.
So what's the general consensus, stick some in while I have the chance or not really worth the money?

If I was going to fit some would 402's be the preferred choice? I think I remember Rich having issue with 403's and unmapping until his ecu swap, and at this moment in time my man maths can't calculate a new ecu in as a bargain!
I know it's an old thread but which one's did you go for in the end?

In the end I went for a Megane 265... The cost of getting the performance I was looking for was too much, so I enjoyed the Clio as it was and then when the right car came along I jumped ship. I do miss certain aspects of the Clio (Akrapovic especially) but plans are afoot to remedy all that.

Sorry I'm not any help on this one.