TINTS

Recently i've been wanting to tint the front door windows SLIGHTLY, nothing illegal. I just think it would add to the character of the car. Is it even legal to do anything on them? The backs are already done as standard darker than i'd want the fronts.

I think as long as they transmit 75% light through them you won't have any issues. My girlfriend got some done a couple weeks ago and they put light smoke on the front, very subtle tint but they only do legal ones.

3843134377_bd12b06ea1.jpg

I think a LEGAL light tint on the front would look better than none at all. I would consider it if there were anyone round here to do it properly.

Front tinting is basically illegal. People will argue you can have light smoke, but the manufactured tint is normally the legal limit. Saying that, I kinda like the look and might do it anyways. Worst that can happen is you have to remove at the side of the road :blush:

Adrian said:
I think a LEGAL light tint on the front would look better than none at all. I would consider it if there were anyone round here to do it properly.

a few good places in Sheffield ady. Only takes a couple of hours to do a full car.
I even know a really good place that will come to you
if you have somewhere indoors where they can open the doors fully.

any tints on the front windows have to let 75% of the light through other wise you'll get a £60 fine and have to remove them straight away or your car will be inpounded

...the standard glass on the fronts side is a 90% rating, so you should tint to a max of 15% making the 75% limit.....needless to say....if you get spotted by Traffic Police you will be stopped as a matter of course and they will put their light metre on it....Avon and Somerset are pretty keen on this

...the standard glass on the fronts side is a 90% rating, so you should tint to a max of 15% making the 75% limit.....needless to say....if you get spotted by Traffic Police you will be stopped as a matter of course and they will put their light metre on it....Avon and Somerset are pretty keen on this

Durham are too, until they told me my old 1.2 had illegal tints on the front, when they weren't tinted at all. They then checked their light meter and their own car failed, lol.

It's more hassle than it's worth tinting the front (Police wise)

Ive got all my windows tinted on my 197 ive got 55% on the front windows 35% on the back windows and 20% on the back windscreen it looks really good

This is the only pics i have will try n get better 1s soon no hassle from cops so far touch wood

Attachments

• sean 019.jpg
    sean 019.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 22
  • sean 020.jpg
    sean 020.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 17
  • sean 023.jpg
    sean 023.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
My back three have the factory standard tints which i really like. Adds stealth to the car.

I got a quote of £70 from a mate (she has her own tinting business) so i might consider it and get some photos up if i do!