Time for me to say goodbye!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Well, after 4 years of ruling the roost (Along with others of course), the time has come for me to go into semi retirement.

So, after the new intake of people have settled in, I will be parting company with my Red username, and hanging up my ban hammer.

When I think how quiet the site was when I first took on the role, and compare it to now, it has been some journey. Had some amazing laughs on here, met some truly awesome people, learnt a lot.

Too many people to thank, but here are some specific people who, in some way or another, have impacted on my life. Fernandez and your wife: truly amazing, if you think you are having a bad day, then you could learn something from these two. Jonesy, been through the same as him with family members recently. Paul, never got to ban you, Liambo - the first member off here I met, despite living 680 miles away lol, Roy for being so old! Jase for giving me the chance to do the role, N0ddie and Adrian for the epic Scotland road trip/day out.

These are a few, but there are too many people to say thank you to for being so funny and making it great! Especially the 4 people who pm'd to say 'don't go just because you have an :st:

One more person I should thank. The designer of the Fiesta ST:wink:

Anyway, I will still be doing this for a few weeks, then I'm going into 'standby'. So be warned, I haven't gone totally :wink:

Love you all,

Mike

Last edited:
Such a nice post and very heartwarming, I just read it out to my WIFE who's not at all WIDE and she smiled.

It's really a shame that you feel the need to step down, you are an integral part of this site, a founding father, a true member of the family and as such you'll be sorely missed by many including myself.

Don't lose touch and know there's always a dinner table up here when your on your travels...

Now reconsider and stay..

Play this whilst reading this thread :wink:

[video=youtube_share;298ftQc-ZYA]http://youtu.be/298ftQc-ZYA[/video]

I do like a bit of Opera... I took Caroline to LaTraviata in Venice the night I asked her to Marry me.

Think she only said yes because she don't like swimming... :rofl:

All the best man. I don't know you very well but trust you have done a great job helping out on the site and also behind the scenes :smile:

Only been on here just over a year but the likes of yourself made me feel welcome and able to contribute. Hopefully you still hang around and pitch in with the odd helpful comment.

Mike the site wont be the same without u pal all the best bud and thanks for all the work you have put in its ppl like you that makes the site such a great site.

tc bud

Well Mike hope to see you out on a few meets in your new baby thank you for all your hard work on the site over the years take care Kevin

Mike I will miss you so much we've been through a lot together over the years.You got me to be a mod on here(bitch).Weve had some laughs along the way and it was such a pleasure for you to meet me I know that by god I'm going to miss your hilarious posts and who am I going to fire the Top Gear threads at now????
i hope that you enjoy your life from now on a lot more and maybe one day I might let you grace my presents
seriously though will really miss you mate
All The Best

Not going to lie Mike I've not had much interaction with you over the time I've been here but from what everyone else has to say it looks like you will be sorely missed.

All the best

Jack

Bugger off already, traitor!!

Only kidding Mike :smiley:, it's a real shame to see you stepping down. Like others have said, you're part of the foundations of the site. Your contributions to the site will be sorely missed and they won't go unnoticed I'm sure! All the best in your future motoring!

Rob :smile:

Don't worry, I will still be lurking :wink:

After all, the rate we are going, there will be more Fiesta :st:'s on here than Clios! :smiley::smiley:

And thank you all for your kind words, there are plenty of people here that make the site what it is, and I am grateful to all them!

Sorry to see you stepping down mate, been a big help to the site over the last few years. Drop us a pm if you're up in Scotland any time, I have been every August since our road trip! All the best.