Ticking Noise

matt9566

Paid Member
Hi Everyone

My car has recently developed a 'ticking' noise (easiest way to describe)

If I put the window down from standstill and set off the ticking noise gradually gets more prominent as the revs build.

On cold idle it's noticeable but when warmed up the it settles down but with the bonnet up it the engine does seem a little louder than usual.

I have read through plenty of threads on here but there is quite a few different answers. I have had timing belt etc done approx 2 years/10k ago so I really can't see how it could be anything to do with that and I am fully aware these engines can be loud, but it is definitely a noise that wasn't there last week.

The car seems fine but it's just really annoying. Tried to do a video but with the exhaust and induction kit it's really hard to capture it.

Will get it in to a garage ASAP but I'd like to get a good idea as to what I'm looking at - as I am far from prepared for a repair bill but not to worry.

As always, Thanks.

Matt

The manifold flexis can sound a bit like a ticking noise, maybe worth a look?

That's what I was thinking after doing plenty of reading today, just wanted a few up to date opinions before I take it to the garage. Will get it up on the ramp next week, my mechanic wasn't in this afternoon. Thanks for that mate!