200: This is a joke right???

They wonder why people dont get insurance!!
15 years NCB
0 points
Been driving 24 years
BB post code (not the best but no where near the worst)
and this is the best they can offer > > >

GoCompare2011.jpg

aviva was my best qoute last time i changed, and that was including 3 points and all mods declared.

I just thought it might be worth a look, how wrong was i?
Got 2 weeks till its due so im going to ring around.

Anyone got any names or numbers of any reasonable company's?

Also try Sky Insurance, they are a broker but do seem to be good value. Becoming a member on here gets an additional discount.

Ive been with Bell since i passed and they have allways had the best deal for me. They are a part of Admiral and Elephant i believe.

lool what the hell? ... i usually do compare sites and the cheapest one( usually admiral/elephant) and then go direct to them and usually get a few 100 off just going direct to the company..... ps. please change ur name to a girl and gender and see what it come out at lol

Aviva quoted £806 which is a little better, going to shop around a bit more see if i can get it any lower.

Maybe i typed 'Lambo' rather than 'Clio' when i did GoCompare???
robbin gits!!!

try Hastings Direct mate
go through Quidco and you get £45 cash back +they were the cheapest for me £275
them quotes are a fookin joke

Compare the market came up with cheapest quotes for me
Aviva quoted me over 4k to start a new policy on the 197, norwich union wanted 3.5k

Got an admiral multi car quote for the r26 and 197 that came in at 2.2k!!! plus there 'reasonable' finance figures for monthly payments will probably make it 3k in total for both

Thats a WA postcode which insurance companies really dont like

Last edited:
norwich union is aviva

Oh yes forgot about that, just realised it still said norwich union on the driveaway insurance, so within a few days there price on the same car varied by over £600. Hmmmm I think I'll stay clear of them, the 2nd quote they gave me was as an underwriter of my current insurance company

Also try Sky Insurance, they are a broker but do seem to be good value. Becoming a member on here gets an additional discount.

Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately we really struggle with the 'BB' postcode, it is an incredibly high risk area for car insurance, especially the type of insurance we offer (modified, import and performance).

The 'BB' postcode will be the reason for high quotes here as well.

They wonder why people dont get insurance!!
15 years NCB
0 points
Been driving 24 years
BB post code (not the best but no where near the worst)
and this is the best they can offer > > >

May sound stupid but have you tried tweaking the policy.

most obvious - mileage - I cover only 5000 a year and it makes a huge diff between 12k and 5k in policy price. If you only do 8000 miles say, only pay for that.

Where the vehicle is kept (off road is better) - if you can get it on a garage or off road again lowers the cost.

Alarm, immobiliser etc (even a tracker?)

Do you need social, domestic and pleasure AND commuting (if you don't use the car for work don't pay for commuting)

Times of travel - sounds stupoid but my latest policy is cheaper as I start work at 7 and leave at 7 - outside the normal 9-5 rush.

Named drivers - my missus being on the policy brings it down by £200!! Have a real play with this, who uses the car most etc etc

Job - again sounds stupid, but I found that especially with Elephant getting your job slighty wrong makes a huge difference.

Hope you get sorted.

I know it's not a great question but, is it possible to move to a different postcode? Especially if you can save £1500 a year!

Last edited:
i have no idea why these companies even work out a quote. When they see the car they should just stop there. Who actually buys them? Whats the point?

Quotes like these makes the "average" cost to insure a car so inaccurate.

Similar Thread Suggestions