The new megane RS

So there is a test mule running around in Spain :smile:

Looks wide on the front and sitting lower than the GT, brembos are on as well, sure there will be some more news leaking out now, RUK guys say it will go on sale in 2018 so sounds like there;s plenty of time for the RS to have it developed better than the clio 200T, here are the pics:

2018-renault-megane-rs-spied-wearing-megane-gt-clothes_2.jpg

2018-renault-megane-rs-spied-wearing-megane-gt-clothes_4.jpg
2018-renault-megane-rs-spied-wearing-megane-gt-clothes_7.jpg

It says GT on the front... are you sure it's not just modified?

Bonnet pins, team dynamics, grooved discs and brembos

From the shots I saw the rear bumper had been cut for a centre exit exhaust, and by the looks of things the arches have been cut too. I'm guessing it's a rough and ready test mule.

The arches look cut and the rear for the exhaust is.. Could end up with much wider arches and a sporty diffuser. Don't judge from this because no doubt in the end it'll look a lot different.

its only a test mule but you can see the wider track and lower stance...and the hacked about wheel arches :foxspeed:

its a test mule, dont think anyone would do a mod like this to his own gt :smile:

It sits a lot lower than the GT, if you would see how far the arches are cut out, the wheels would sit behind the original wheelarch of the gt, so theres good news, sits lower, and the wider stance shows there will be a set of arch extensions added which alone will make a lot to the general look of the car, the front wheels stick out pretty far when looking at it, and the brakes look good, it seems as the car will still have the independent axis setup ( high offset wheels as in the previous RS' ) in the front and the 4WS system ( visible in the pic showing the rear of the car )

This one has paddles for the EDC but honestly cant see the RS throwing another RS with the EDC box only, especially as this one will have around 300 bhp so it needs to have a proper mechanical limited slip diff, only thing that would put me off buying one would be the edc only so fingers crossed for the manual.

Someone posted earlier that they'd been informed that it'd be AWD so I suspect that there's every chance that they'll stick with some form of DSG type box on the RS. However, having seen a number of images of the new regular Megane, I'm underwhelmed. They're going to have to do a lot to the styling to sell the RS to me regardless of anything else.

I'm sure there will at least be an option for the EDC. But because a majority of big players still offer a manual box, there will be this option too.

Does anyone know anything about the engine? Some say it'll still be 2.0, but will it be an evolution of the old F4RT (man, it cracks me up everytime), or something new? Some time ago i read somewhere that it'll be a bored version of nissan's 1.6 litre turbo, my renault dealer even says it'll be a detuned version of mercedes's 2.0 from a45amg.

I thought that way from the very beginning the F4RT was announced to be retired, as its a Renault-Nissan-Daimler engine alliance motor, would be great if it was the case, even if it was detuned to say 290-310 bhp, it would also be a bit of a wow factor for the meg.

I was speaking to some of the Renault Sport staff at Spa. They mentioned AWS, but there was no mention of AWD. They had a GT onsite available to test drive... but I was preoccupied with my 197 and tyre pressures.

I wish it didnt have the 4control, extra weight, extra cost, who knows how that will behave during spirited driving, full on trackday pace and oversteer not mentioning extra costs if it goes wrong after the warranty period. Surely test mules will be tested both with and without it.

I wish it didnt have the 4control, extra weight, extra cost, who knows how that will behave during spirited driving, full on trackday pace and oversteer not mentioning extra costs if it goes wrong after the warranty period. Surely test mules will be tested both with and without it.

Remember Renault own's Nissan, think borrowed Nissan GTR tech. Using tech from other models throughout multiple model ranges reduces the R&D cost's.