The "get Roy back behind the wheel" fund ;) parade lap at fcs13

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
You all know Roy and as alot of you may also know Roy has had a very rough time over the past couple of years.
Roy has not been able to drive his 197 for well over a year now due to losing the use of his leg and also not been able to work due to this either,

We would like to try and help Roy get back in his 197 by having a hand clutch conversion.
these are not cheap and while i know we wont be able to cover the full cost of the conversion im sure the extra financial help will be greatly appreciated and help towards it.
im sure you would all like to help see Roy back in his 197.

im sure when Roy sees this, he will post up. as of yet Roy has no idea of this idea.

Could you please send any donations to this fund to the usual site PayPal account as a "gift" please.
please put a note or message me so that I know exacts what the funds are and make sure they get to the right place.

site PayPal is... jase@clio197.net

Last edited:
To start the ball rolling with the funds
we are having a parade lap for just our members on sunday at fcs this year.
we would like to use this event to help raise money for a very special person.

the parade lap is on sunday morning and open to just 197/200.net members only. i was hoping that members would help support this great person and raise money to help him get back in his 197.
i was thinking maybe £10 per person but obviously realise not everyone can afford that so what ever you can spare would be awesome.

OMG soooo feeling the love for Roy.
thanks for all the donation already :smile: I know they will be soooooo appreciated.

dont feel you have to donate please though.

you can donate at any event by giving your donation to a member of site staff and they will send the PayPal on your behalf.

A lot more than he can afford and probably more than we can raise but it all helps :smile:

Roy has been the backbone of this site. He remembers the creation of the earth, and the metals that would one day make up the cars we see and drive every day, which lead to the formation of this site. Indeed, it was the creatures in the sea when he was a whippersnapper that would become the oil which powers the cars too :wink:

Love you Roy!!!

Done hope we can get close he’s had a bad old time of it recently and for those who don’t know Roy he’s a really top bloke who will help anyone great guy great cause happy to help