The back end looking weird?

Hi guys,

Need a few opinions.

Is it just me or does the rear of the car look weird. I feel like there's something missing, feel i need a cup spoiler.

Just looks like something's missing from the lights up (just being picky). Think I'm looking for an excuse to waste money on a spoiler, or convince myself it's worth it lolbc59bcea7fd46433fb73c3399e15509d.jpg3c75e44a287ec8b7b99b1f4162185513.jpg

Reactions: kevlar
Looks really good to me. If it was me I'd save the money and put it towards something bigger, maybe something that will make it more fun from behind the wheel.

But if you absolutely must have a spoiler, I'd go with the Sprint spoiler.

I don't know what to be at tbh.

Needs some opinions.

1. Want to lower it, think the arch gap is too high.

2. Would love it to sound more grunty/slightly louder but don't want to fork out hundreds for full exhaust system.

3. Want to get a spoiler i think.

Don't know what order to do it in.
Must state that this is my daily car and i don't do track days or anything, just love driving it and feel it's definitely quick enough for what i need.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cooksports/Sprint Spoiler/Spa track day next April with the Jolly Boys
Actually really like the look of the Sprint Spoiler. Will have to look into pricing.

Checked out the cooksport springs. Seem decent, anyone have them fitted? Don't want something too stiff and bumpy as there's hundreds of speedbumbs in Belfast! Lol.

Will 30mm drop front and back make a noticeable difference in arch gap and overall ride height?

This may sound stupid, but does that mean 30mm drop from how my 200 sits now on standard spring or 30mm drop from a standard Clio? (That's if 200 springs are even lower than a standard Clio's springs lol)

IMG_7105.JPG
I don't know what to be at tbh.

Needs some opinions.

1. Want to lower it, think the arch gap is too high.

2. Would love it to sound more grunty/slightly louder but don't want to fork out hundreds for full exhaust system.

3. Want to get a spoiler i think.

Don't know what order to do it in.
Must state that this is my daily car and i don't do track days or anything, just love driving it and feel it's definitely quick enough for what i need.

I'm thinking the same lines as you with questions 1 and 2. I've just sorted out number 3 by buying the cup spoiler. I love it transforms the looks of the rear much more aggressive now

At the moment I'm considering H&R lowering springs which seem popular and 15mm spacers all round some on here go extra wide with 25mm spacers but to much for me.

Like you I don't want to spend loads on the exhaust maybe just chsnge the rear box but to what I don't know yet

Paul

Actually really like the look of the Sprint Spoiler. Will have to look into pricing.

Checked out the cooksport springs. Seem decent, anyone have them fitted? Don't want something too stiff and bumpy as there's hundreds of speedbumbs in Belfast! Lol.

Will 30mm drop front and back make a noticeable difference in arch gap and overall ride height?

This may sound stupid, but does that mean 30mm drop from how my 200 sits now on standard spring or 30mm drop from a standard Clio? (That's if 200 springs are even lower than a standard Clio's springs lol)

@Pav @sevenfourate @Big Ben

View attachment 18303

I'm thinking the same lines as you with questions 1 and 2. I've just sorted out number 3 by buying the cup spoiler. I love it transforms the looks of the rear much more aggressive now

At the moment I'm considering H&R lowering springs which seem popular and 15mm spacers all round some on here go extra wide with 25mm spacers but to much for me.

Like you I don't want to spend loads on the exhaust maybe just chsnge the rear box but to what I don't know yet

Paul
How much did you end up paying for the spoiler including spraying/fitting etc (if you don't mind me asking).
Seems it would quickly jump up to a good few hundred very quick!

My Eibach springs (Put on my non-cup) were advertised as 25 / 20 mm drop [About as small a drop as any advertise] and i'd say came out slightly more than that after settling in reality. Last pic also shows some widening too after fitting 10mm stub-axle spacers rear and 5mm spacers front at the same time. Just to be clear on the differences between the two pics :smile:

Looks, handling and arch gap are all noticeably different......

Before:

9436e847-2b48-4253-bb94-57169da1aefc_zpsood1t7jc.jpg

After:

3_zpsglifxz0l.jpg

Good luck whatever you choose.

Reactions: paul jennings
My Eibach springs (Put on my non-cup) were advertised as 25 / 20 mm drop [About as small a drop as any advertise] and i'd say came out slightly more than that after settling in reality. Last pic also shows some widening too after fitting 10 stub-axle spacers rear and 5mm spacers front at the same time. Just to be clear on the differences between the two pics :smile:

Looks, handling and arch gap are all noticeably different......

Before:

9436e847-2b48-4253-bb94-57169da1aefc_zpsood1t7jc.jpg

After:

3_zpsglifxz0l.jpg

Good luck whatever you choose.
Wow looks far better!

Thanks for the reply, i see a vast amount have 30/30 drop, sometimes even 30/40.

Is there no danger with scrubbing or anything with a 30mm drop all round?

Sorry for all the questions

How much did you end up paying for the spoiler including spraying/fitting etc (if you don't mind me asking).
Seems it would quickly jump up to a good few hundred very quick!

Yep not cheap. Spoiler cost £230 being the genuine item. I sprayed the spoiler myself for now as trying to decide wether to go with blue or to paint it anthracite as mine has the anthracite pack. Think I will go with blue and I've had a quote for £160 to get it professionally sprayed. Expensive but worth it think as the spoiler is quite unique in design.

Paul

Wow looks far better!

Thanks for the reply, i see a vast amount have 30/30 drop, sometimes even 30/40.

Is there no danger with scrubbing or anything with a 30mm drop all round?

Sorry for all the questions

I've never heard of any issues on a 30mm drop........

Reactions: Roshi69
My initial reaction is get the springs first as the arch gap upsets me on a daily basis lol.

Heard mixed reviews on panel filters, some say noticeable audible difference. Some say none! Anyone any experience first hand?

I know on my old ZR it sounded 1000x better with just an induction kit change though don't want to remove air box etc lol

I paid about £48 for my K&N filter and it definitely sounds different, but it's very subtle - you can also remove the acoustic valve for added grunt.
I personally wouldn't go for anything more than a 30mm drop all round. I have a hard enough time getting my trolley jack under the car with Eibach Pro's fitted. I have exactly the same setup as @sevenfourate in terms of springs and spacers. Getting an extra 10mm on the stub axles makes it look so much better. Bit of a pig to do - just check my progress thread.
Careful what you wish for with an exhaust. I had a Scorpion resonated system and it made my ears bleed at 70. The Akrapovic would definitely be my choice now, but I'll have to see if I land a big bonus at work first!

Moved this thread to Clio 200 area.

OT: Looks fine to me :smile: I had a cup spoiler on my 197 and loved it, but it looks equally fine without one!

I paid about £48 for my K&N filter and it definitely sounds different, but it's very subtle - you can also remove the acoustic valve for added grunt.
I personally wouldn't go for anything more than a 30mm drop all round. I have a hard enough time getting my trolley jack under the car with Eibach Pro's fitted. I have exactly the same setup as @sevenfourate in terms of springs and spacers. Getting an extra 10mm on the stub axles makes it look so much better. Bit of a pig to do - just check my progress thread.
Careful what you wish for with an exhaust. I had a Scorpion resonated system and it made my ears bleed at 70. The Akrapovic would definitely be my choice now, but I'll have to see if I land a big bonus at work first!

What's this acoustic valve? Sounds interesting!

Paul

Think I'm going to go for the 30mm drop all round. Can anyone help me with the right size spacers and bolts for them?

Thinking H&R like a lot of people

What's this acoustic valve? Sounds interesting!

Paul

check this thread: http://www.clio197.net/threads/acoustic-removal.7883/

Think its just used to keep the car quiet to comply with EU regulations. Apparently it opens up at 5000revs but dont quote me and i dont fully understand what it is/does until i look into it. might remove mine once i learn what it does lol.

Theres also more on it in the sticky thread, along the lines of 'Our air intake' or something

@Roshi69 I have a white 200 and it was all standard and I was happy with it.

However seeing other cars with the cup spoiler really got on my nerves as I wanted one, I think I saw one in the flesh fitted other than that it was just photos online, but yes its a lot of money - finally just before xmas I did it ordered from RPD ad luckily had someone who could spray it for me had mine done gloss black.

When I got the spoiler off the car it seems huge and I did think what have I done!, but when it was fitted...wow I love it and seeing one 'naked' really does make the spoiler a finishing touch, their are some other cool options some other guys have if the cup spoilers a bit OTT, I have to say I fell in love with it and on the cars it not that huge and it really finishes the car for me.

Something I like about it is you can personalise the car while keeping it OEM.

Go for it, not sure who the seller is, but someone on here bought an aftermarket version from italy via ebay I think and said it was just as good a fit as the Renault one.

Also keep an eye on ebay as they do sometimes come up for sell, I got mine from RPD and it was sent really quickly.

I'll be honest, I think it looks like something's missing because of the rear blacked out window! I just looked at a pic of the rear of mine and I think being able to see the seats in the background adds depth, that an the Clio badge missing. Just my thoughts
Mine from the rear

IMG_0941_zpsl3ra4tq5.jpg[/URL]

Know it's not a 200 but from ther rear...

Have to say do like shuv's spoiler though!

Last edited: