temporary not starting - tonight

this could well nothing, however it has played on my mind since earlier. car had been driven during the afternoon, pulled up at local shop, and stopped car - then decided to move car park spaces, (some woman parked too close!) pressed the brake pedal and hit the start button to be greeted to a chug, car trying to start up! did this for another 3 attempts before finally firing, drove fine all the way home, tested startup few times on the drive with no problems. what could be the cause? random one off?, if its a problem starting, id like to get it sorted.

cheers, my car is 197 - 2006.

My former 197 had this, and in the end it would never start. The guy found out it was the fuel pump failing, and eventually, it gave up :worried:

Maybe just one of things, if it starts doing it regulary, then i would look at crank sensor, they are commonish fault over the entire renault range.

Crank position sensor (aka tdc sensor) only about £30 for the part.

Had the same thing in the warm weather earlier in the summer. It will appear temporary but it's dependent on outside temp. If it's hot then you'll have the same problem every time you go to start it after a drive.

I got stuck various places 3 times...

Last edited: