TalkTalk - Opinions?

Currently thinking about making the switch from BT to TalkTalk.

BT have been useless for months, and the bill just keeps on increasing towards the end of the contract.

TalkTalk have some offers on at the moment, just interested to hear people's thoughts on their Broadband and TV (YouView box specifically)

Thanks,
JAM

talk talk cheap but its cheap for a reason....when you have to use the helpline its overseas and the language barrier is horrendous!!!

TBH i had issue after issue with BT when getting their fibre optic infinity service and then free BT sports on my sky box, spent several hours 5 or 6 times to the uk and they were useless. then india picked up and they had an answer for everything and got the lot sorted within a 10 min call.

We switched from sky (tv,phone,broadband) paying £54pcm main reason being we were getting about 0.5mb internet speed. Now with talk talk paying £30 a month for the above with about 5mb internet. Pretty happy so far.

We switched from sky (tv,phone,broadband) paying £54pcm main reason being we were getting about 0.5mb internet speed. Now with talk talk paying £30 a month for the above with about 5mb internet. Pretty happy so far.

Thanks for all the replies guys, my BT bill has just crept up and up, as the individual discounts finish on the contract.

Currently paying £61 a month for basically:
Broadband Unlimited (not Infinity as it's not rolled out in my area)
Evening & Weekend Calls (I never make a call on the landline)
TV Package with basic channels (no extra packages).

Phoned BT and as an existing customer and best they could do was renew at £44 a month.

Got TalkTalk putting out:
Unlimited Broadband
Day/Evening & Weekend Calls
TV Package ( Free YouView+ box)

£25.40 for 6 months, then increase to £30.90.

I've been looking at NowTV recently. At the moment I'm with Sky and my bills are £75+ per month for BB (unlimited), TV, Movies and a phone line I don't use. But now I've also get Netflix, and I'm thinking of switching to

NowTV - £5 per month - gets my Sky1, Atlantic, Discovery, Fox and Comedy Central (other than Discovery Turbo thats all the channels I watch)
Netflix - £5 per month - Gets me loads of other on-demand series + movies.
Either FreeView+ or YouView - One off charge ~£100-£150
Broadband from someone like TalkTalk or PlusNet

Anyone any experience on this set up either?

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I figured this might also be of interest to the OP. :smile:

Just gone that way last week. Phone line £10 something a month unlimited broadband calls and youview recording box, free install etc free films for 3 months £15.50. Can get sky stuff if you want on a monthly ie F1. On another note my brother cancelled his Sky at the same time as me and they have kept his business with a 12 month offer of 75% off. Me they would do nothing so I have gone with Talktalk. Overall the same download speed 11 but only 0.6 upload instead of 1.1

Dammit, I hadn't thought of Sky F1. I can't lose that! All the other packages you have to add Sky Sports in there and YouView want £30pm for it, but I don't even like football :worried:

Talk talk are awful. I work for Apple and sooo many problems come from talk talk with their service. I'd never use them. That's me.

The customer service is never great with many providers although I must say that when living with the rents and them having talk talk it was an absolute nightmare trying to get anything sorted.

Also TalkTalk are renowned for throttling peoples bandwidths to assist local business'. My rents live near an industrial estate and were getting 0.5mb when promised 10mb! TalkTalk could not find the issue sayings that they were too far from the exchange etc and after years of battling they switched to BT and got 15mb straight away with no changes! Bloody con artists, but that's just my opinion.