Suspension variations

So I am considering fitting 200 Cup suspension to my 197, only idly considering I should add. My understanding of the various chassis variations is as follows, and I wanted to see if I have missed anything;

Springs (in order of firmness)
200 FF
197 FF
197 Cup
200 Cup

Dampers (in order of firmness)
200 FF
197 FF
197 Cup
200 Cup

Steering
200FF / 197 FF / 197 Cup - all same
200 Cup

Top mounts - all same

Bushes - all same

ARB - all same

Geometry settings - all same

Anyone know any different, is the above correct?

Thanks for your time!

Mine has done 85k, and while it drives well, new suspension would possibly freshen it up. Most interested in the rack tbh - compared to the cost of new track rods and track rod ends, a new rack (including rods and ends) is quite cheap.

I'm getting new tie rods and track rod ends fitted as soon as the parts Arrive. There is a bit of play at 3 and 9 o clock on the front wheels. £80 for the rack ends and £36for the track rod ends.

The 197 cup has slightly different toe in settings compared to the FF

here are the toe settings for the cup/non cup. the camber and castor are the same for both but the cup has more toe out

Symbols used by RENAULT: - -: toe-out, - +: toe-in.

Non cup pack
Value (for two wheels)
-0 ̊10’ ± 8’
Position of vehicle
Vehicle in running order

Cup pack;

Value (for two wheels)
-0 ̊12’ ± 12’
Position of vehicle
Vehicle in running order

Ken - did you go for 197 or 200 cup dampers?

I was working off track rods and track rod ends being around £40 each, so £160, whereas a new Cup rack is around £320.

197 cup shocks mate. £198 including postage from genuineparts4u.co.uk. spot on service

i have bought my tie rod ends from them too (part 7701475837) - £80 the pair delivered

i got the track rod ends from unipart though. they were £35 for the pair so less than half the renault price. theyre the same as what is fitted to the regular megene's etc.

i was getting mixed info about the availability of pattern tie rod ends so decided to just get genuine renault/TRW ones to be safe. the genuine ones come with replacement boots and clips etc too so not that much dearer than the unipart ones i was quoted.

lol how urs mate? any changes yet?

You on about mine fella?

Just in the process of ordering a full supersprint exhaust, inlets and a remap, just waiting on a final price for shrick cams, so hopefully mid jan it will be al done. But dont worry ill keep the site posted :wink: