Suggestions PLEASE

Makaveli160

Paid Member
Well driving along a very dark country road lastnight right before a tight bend (hence not swerving) i think i hit a HUGE deer.

Now the deer was already dead and by a quick look headless, looking at it from a distance i just thought fox or something smaller so decided to runover it as not to swerve towards an oncoming lorry or who knows what.

Now the problem is whatever it was, was about 2ft tall laying down, and my car is about 4" off the ground if that, so lets just say it lifted the car and smashed into the bottom with a horrible noise.

I have two problems, firstly as the engine tray etc is beneath the car i cant actually check at a glance if there was any damage, cracked sump etc. but did notice a gap in the tray which im hoping if there was any leak it would come through that onto the ground??

Secondly the underside of my car is literally a blood bath, with BBQ blood flesh and guts underneath.

Does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning, as i didnt want to just attack it with the jetwash as i wasnt sure whether i could do damage or bring on premature rust etc.

It really is annoying the SH*IT out of me as i had a quick glance with a torch late lastnight, and its a right mess. Also the burning flesh smell is coming through he vents (obviously now turned off) and can be clearly smelt from outside whilst/ after driving to work (going by the comments of people when i arrived). So its obviously stuck to the exhaust and everywer else.

Going to try and use a local garages ramp later today, but could do with some suggestions on what sort of damage to look out for as im not 100% on what is directly above the engine tray other than the sump etc???

Obviously im going to be checking fluids etc quite regularly just incase.

Really annoyed as i was only doing 40-50mph.

Thanks In Advanced

I do not envy you for a second.

I think a steam clean will be the best way forward. Maybe get some air fresheners for the interior as well!

I jet was 110lb the bottom of mine all the time. You should be fine.

You need to get it off the exhaust system ASAP as that's where the smell of burning flesh will come from.

I'd also take the engine undertray off to remove any guts that may have got into the engine inspection hole as well as the rear defuser.

Trust me there is nothing worse than rotting dead flesh coming in.

I do not envy you for a second.

I think a steam clean will be the best way forward. Maybe get some air fresheners for the interior as well!

dont know how true it is but reading on the internet people say steam cleaning isnt good as it can remove the OEM protection???

yeah definately getting it off the exhaust as its burning.

just dnt have the facilities which is a pain. just typical i have access to a ramp normally but atm not for 2 weeks!!

go find a car wash that does the bottoms of cars most have the option just dont for god sake let it was the outside of the car as tehy scratch the **** out of paint

Theres quite a few places around that offer under car cleaning, find your local one. Take your front undertray off, and your rear diffuser and get it down to the cleaners mate.

Managed to get hold of a ramp for tomorrow morning, so i can have a proper look for damage and assess the cleanup. Whether its a quik jetwash blast or a physical cherry pick of bodyparts lol

Can anyone help me out with the engine undertray removal, is it just clipped in around the edge? had a look through the 'how to' couldn't find much. cheers