Sub broken gutted

My vibe sub started making really bad kinda parpin noises when the bass came through, Took it apart and noticed that there used to be a kinda plastic washer wich stops the speaker moving backwards and forwards when the bass comes through well that was in pieces lol looks like a very very easy fix if i can find the plastic washer that closes the space. tried vibes online store they dont have it any one on here have any ideas:confused1:

I would imagine you could get something like that from a local fixings store. They'll probs have something that'll work and charge you next to nothing for it.

Failing that b&q or focus, but I hate those places!

Are you talking about the gasket that is squashed between the sub and box when you screw the sub in? If so I think some silicone free bathroom sealant should be a suitable fix. Make sure it's silicone free though as silicone can degrade the rubber in the speaker cone

I think I know the bit you mean, you'll really struggle to find a replacement one of them.

I think you'd be best off buying a new sub, perfect chance for an upgrade!

lol the subs only six months old but i cant find the bloody reciept for it such a tit with keeoing reciepts. it is just a daft wee part aswell ill need to DIY the life out of it

Can you get a photo of the bit that's broken? If its a small part then its probably not the bit I was thinking of!

If you paid by card mate you dont need a reciept. Aslong as you cant tell youve opened it up anyway.

You dont actually by law require any proof of purchase, however this is at the retailers disgression so you prob wont be able to use that one.

But a bank statement will do a proof. Suppose its worth a try anyway.

While im asking mate, where did you run the power cable through the bulkhead??

im not too sure were they went through the bulk head not really had a look got it fitted from a place called soundmaster in scotland.

Ah fair doos then mate. I assume they just drilled a hold then, Its what all the installers round here seem to do, It makes it easier when they cant find a grommet.

Good luck with sorting the broken sub.

just phoned the place that fitted my sub and there answer was that i have no chance of getting that part. according to him its a great way for vide assuring that ppl buy new subs as they dont make extra parts like that. Sounds like a whopper to me time for a second opinion

Dude, its only 6 months old. argue that the product was not fit for purpose.

contact Vibe, They will be able to tell its a fault that is not caused by you.

i thought bout this but it states in the warrenty book that if u take it apart then the warranty is void and u can tell ive take it apart because the bonding seal is now no more lol

Ah, erm...Fail.

Just replace the speaker mate.
You'll pick up a speaker on its own that will be comparable with the vibe for about £70.