Stuck caliper

My rear offside brake caliper seems to be stuck on causing a squeal. Is there a quick fix I can apply? I have a feeling the dealer won't be able to look at it for weeks like usual! :001_rolleyes:

have you jacked it up and made sure the wheel turns free?

you could try some of that brake cleaner spray to see if it will clean some of dirt off and hence make it less likely to stick

failing that its a wheel off and caliper/pads out/clean/lube jobbie

No jack apart from the wheel change jobby, but I have a trolley jack at work. It's definitely stuck on as the wheel is getting hot. Going in the stealer on Weds anyhoo, but I'll give the solvent cleaner a go.

No jack apart from the wheel change jobby, but I have a trolley jack at work. It's definitely stuck on as the wheel is getting hot. Going in the stealer on Weds anyhoo, but I'll give the solvent cleaner a go.

be worth giving the brakes a bit of hard use also

I expect it was all that queueing to get into Trax wot done it!

At my first track day someone told me never to keep my foot on the brake while waiting, and after a run, dont use the handbrake, rather park on a flat surface & leave the car in gear...

Just had my clio serviced, the rear brakes were both sticking a little, all they did was as foxspeed said, just take them off and give them a clean and some copaslip!

ur lucky then my offside rear also stuck all they did was strip both sides renew pads and charge me 80 od quid for there trubble even althu it had 13k miles at time said brakes werent coverd and it must have been dirt

Got a lift home after dropping the car off... In their 200 demonstrator. :smiley:

I liked it. Suspension (Cup chassis) is somehow stiffer yet more compliant and the gunmetal finish inside with the little logo looked smart. Guy driving didn't give the beans anywhere but you could tell that body roll was virtually non-existent.

Brakes is all fixed (for free), door seal replaced and car goes back for new seat subframes in a couple of weeks, so a big thumbs up for Platinum Renault of Trowbridge. A hundred times better than their Vauxhall neighbours!!

Apparently the techs usually roll the cars into the workshop by hand, but they couldn't move mine! LOL