Strange starter motor problem

I have a 2010 Clio 200 Cup, it has done 21,000 miles.

I only got it a week ago , but the last couple of times I have driven it, I have turned the engine off and there has been a noise that carries on, like the starter motor is turning.

When i turn the ignition to ON, the car will start without having to turn it the one more click for the starter. There is also a high pitched whine when driving (I presume this is the engine dragging the starter motor at RPMs it's not designed for!

Any ideas of what this could be? starter motor/solenoid/ignition switch?

Cheers, Dan. :thumbdown:

No-one?

Revs seem to increase slightly when i put my foot on the throttle too.

Turned it on and off a few times today but hasn't done it.

sounds like the starter could be sticking in mesh....need to get it checked!

as for revs rise when touch the throttle funnily enough mine does the same and if you press it even harder is goes even faster :hug:

on my 197 i had a starter motor failiure (sitting in traffic to get into the motogp at silverstone!)

i switched it off as motor was getting hot and when i fired it up again the starter motor didnt retract from the flywheel and burned out.

got ESP warning etc and it stunk of electrical burning

had to bump the car after the race, stopping for petrol i couldnt switch the engine off on the way home. not fun.

got a recon starter motor for about £80 iirc.

very awkward to fit due to it being inside the exhaust manifold loop

Update:

Car did this a few more times , then refused to start all together. Bumped it and took to Renault dealership. Starter motor solenoid was apparently sticking, which causes motor to run even with key out of ignition.

400 quid repair bill...
RenaultUK graciously offered to cover a large percentage of the repair even though the car is (just) out of warranty and was bought privately.