"STOP" light | Engine Overheating warning.

As per title. Was driving home and both mentioned in the title happened.

I noticed a noise while at the lights which sounded like the fan going loud and for quite a while. Then as I took off the Stop light came on and beeped.

Annoyingly I was driving the most sensible I ever have as I was trying to improve my MPG for the fun of it lol.

Nothing else happened and it turned off after. Second or 2 but I was nearly home by then. Just wondering is there anything I should look out for in the morning. I'm gonna check the coolant etc tomorrow.

Strangely the engine temp didn't seem high or anything. Here's a pic as i pulled over

9e18e8f44915b041a28d38c4f312aeca.jpg

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

check wiring to temp sensor on thermostat housing in case its chafed on something and causing the warning...might be worth making sure coolant flow is ok as some stats have fallen apart

Reactions: Roshi69
check wiring to temp sensor on thermostat housing in case its chafed on something and causing the warning...might be worth making sure coolant flow is ok as some stats have fallen apart
I had a look this morning and there was 0 coolant so I topped it up and went a run.

Left it a few hours and checked, empty again but with no obvious signs of it leaking anywhere whilst on the driveway!

I've topped it up again whilst it's just sitting there and it hasn't seemed to have went down (this time it hasn't been turned on or driven)

I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes tomorrow then play the game of 'where the f***s the coolant leaking from!' lol

I had a look this morning and there was 0 coolant so I topped it up and went a run.

Left it a few hours and checked, empty again but with no obvious signs of it leaking anywhere whilst on the driveway!

I've topped it up again whilst it's just sitting there and it hasn't seemed to have went down (this time it hasn't been turned on or driven)

I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes tomorrow then play the game of 'where the f***s the coolant leaking from!' lol

Cheapest start point - or something certainly worth checking- would be a new cap on the reservoir bottle. If the seal has gone - it can leak in a fine mist which will evaporate and you’ll do well to spot it.

Experienced this very recently. (Not on a Clio mind.....)

Reactions: Roshi69
If it hasn't gone down whilst not being driven then it's obviously only leaking when under pressure, which would point to either a hose or the radiator. Get it to a garage and get them to pressure-test it.

Just a quick update on this incase people are looking at it in the future.

Its a strange one that i can't explain.
The coolant was empty, i topped it up and it emptied again after a run in it.
Filled it again and let it sit overnight and ever since the second time it hasn't gone down one single bit :S

The only thing i can think is the bottle cap wasn't on tight enough or somehting and it was evaporating as @sevenfourate mentioned above.

I certainly didn't do anything to resolve the issue. Simply topped it up the second time and it never went back down and that was 2 months ago!

Its a mystery.