Stop a rattle

The exhaust every so often will make a rattle type noise, its not all the time, just occasionally. A friend mentioned about having the heat wrap or something adjusted.

The main rattle is from inside the boot lid. Has only started more recent but is starting to become really irritating. Opened the boot and had a look, the black plastic isnt tight against the metal and am unable to see any screws etc to tighten it.

Wedged a bit of paper in the gap this morning but that didnt work.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

The exhaust bit will most probably be the heat shield like your friend said. It's not really an adjustment, the heat shield rots where the fixings are and then drops down to rattle against the exhaust. You'll need to un do the nuts where it has rotted, Add a large washer and then tighten it back up. Some of them are not easy to get at. You'll prob need it on some ramps or jack and an Axel stand either side. Some of the. Nuts are not standard either, they sort of bend and pull off opposed to actually un screwing. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Exhaust isnt too bad, just does it on occasion. If it got to the point it was annoying id look into it.

The annoying rattle turned out to be the cup spoiler - bolts had came slightly loose from all the bumps, quick tighten and all is good

make sure theres no rocks between the diffuser and heat sheild

I've pretty much stopped trying to fix rattles on mine, everytime I fix one two more new ones start somewhere else :smiley:

At the minute its stop, just the occasional one from the exhaust. If the spoiler starts again may add rubber washers or something.

Cheers for suggestions though.