Stooopid Xenons

Anybody have any idea as to why my lights decided to constantly auto lift and drop the height of the beam to sometimes right infront of the car that I can hardly see then a few seconds later they reset to normal, then lift too high, then reset etc etc etc!?

Something faulty goin on lol

I remember woody saying he had a faulty leveling motor, might be worth asking him if he had the same symptoms

on the passenger side on the front and rear suspension there are headlight levelling sensors - makes sure the arms of these are still free to move and are still connected to the suspension :thumbup1:

I have had the same issue, the rear axle xenon levelling unit is at fault, my dealer charged me circa 150 pounds to put a new one in, but they do work awesome now, if your xenons dont lift once in highbeam than it is probably it, and disconnecting the wires of the levelling motors will mean you will never have a proper highbeam....

mine kept shining in the air, but i had it lowered so it been on ramps, when it went back in they had a look, couldnt find the one on the front, and didnt do nothing to the back but ever since has worked fine so im asuming it didnt sit right and it fixed itself

Hhhhmmmm well am going the stealers on Friday for them to look at the recaro anywho so will get them to have a look at the lights!

If you have auto lights/wipers, seem to remember if the level sensors fail the headlights drop to the lower position.

If you haven't got auto and the sensors fail, then the lights rise to the main beam position and stay there.

You need to make sure the dealer replaces the sensors, and doesn't just lower the lights via the adjusting screws.

DB R27 51/500

I also have had this problem, although when it happened last time I adjusted it with the screms on the top of the lights however they have never been as good as when it was new, so i guess that I also have a dodgy sensor, has anyone fixed this outside of dealer as I am out of my warranty now.

got to be someone who knows how to fix it themselves, last time I screwed the lights down on the adjuster, but they dont seem well aligned now...

Lol i heard my name mentioned lol. Yes i had it back to the dealers. They have 1 sensor mounted on the rear axle. It can be damaged by the snow apparently.

mine was replaced and I had to pay for it, anyway, I have the rain sensor as well, and they did go a little crazy, one time they were ok, and when I used high beam they sometimes didnt go down and kept blinding others, on other occasions they went all the way down so I could only see a few meters ahead, also used a temporary fix of setting them manually on top of the headlight, but then the highbeam didnt rise when I used it so in the end I decided to fix this, now the bulbs seem to be my next purchase as one of them got visibly yellow... anyway my dealer told me that if it wasnt an imported car they could do it on goodwill even if it was just after warranty, so might want to ask if your warranty expired not long ago...