Stingey Renault Warranty

I posted a thread about a week ago that I had a high pitch squeak coming from the right front wheel area.

Had the car in to Renault yesterday and they have told me it is just 'wear and tear' and will cost £287 for all the brake pads to be renewed, I hope that includes labour time.

Does anyone know if I can get the brake pads on warranty or if not where the cheapest place is to source them and fit them myself on a 57' 197 Cup?

Thanks Guys

brake pads on warranty ? i very much doubt that . but on a plus side they arent that expensive and quite easy to do yourself

Yeah I didn't think I would be able to claim that on warranty worth a try though, I'll be able to replace them myself, where would you recommend the cheapest place to find them?

They might just need a clean up and lube on the back of the pads, pins etc. Can you find an Independant that can do it cheaper (and possibly properly??)

New brake pads won't stop brake squeal

You just need to clean up your old pads and put copper grease on the backs of them

It seems to only be squealing when not braking, as soon as the brakes are applied it stops.

To be fair the fronts are 80% worn and the rears 90% so think its time for a change anyway haha.

Found a local company that delivery nationwide...EK brakes, fronts $49 and rears £23.99, thats nearly £50 cheaper than anywhere else!

squealing when you're not braking? I'd be questioning if it's actually the pads that are worn, have you taken a wheel off to see how much is left on them? I never trust garages when they say pads need changing. I was told the pads needed doing when i bought my car but when i checked they were basically new.

Also, I wouldn't skimp on brake pads, you get what you pay for

OK I'll get a friend to look at it for some 'honest' advice!

They are the factory Renault pads, just want to stick with what I've had in the first place.

Jonny im guessing its you that called me and been emailing me. I would go for cheap pads ive seen it before and done myself before and they dont last long. Also like i said give them a rub with emery cloth and see if that solves the issue but also seeing how much there worn might be worth taking the plunge and putting a new set in them.

I know if it was me i would id rather be safe then sorry.

Karl
www.smcrenault.co.uk
01483 301009

I bought mine from Twingogeekeo ^^^ and they were the cheapest genuine parts by a long way, brilliant service too so I would highly recommend him if you do get some more. Which if they are 80% won't be far off, I would probably stay away from a non-branded comapny - either genuine Renault or other Ferodo pads would be best IMO