200: Still can't get used to the front end...

Prettiest face?

• Total voters
I know this has been discussed to death over the years but having had to give up my 197 a few years ago I'm now in a position to return to RS and am looking to buy a 197/200.

Something bugs me though, I know the 200 is the superior car but I just can't get over the front end, time hasn't brought acceptance either. It's hideous!

Head tells me to go for a 200, better car, better residuals, more recent, warranty.

Heart tells me to go for a 197 again, it looks much better.

Thoughts?

200 looks a lot fresher and imo better. Didnt think as much at first but when we took delivery of our 200 we were sold.

I love how my 200 looks but I thought the same which is why I added tints, black speed lines and cup spoiler. That way more then just the front and mirrors were just black.

Why not get a black 200?

I love how my 200 looks but I thought the same which is why I added tints, black speed lines and cup spoiler. That way more then just the front and mirrors were just black.

Why not get a black 200?

Had considered this, black definitely hides the bits I don't like.

Pig face 200 know way.I love the rear off the 200 but just can't get used to the front end ;/ just can't put my finger on it really it just looks fugly
Sorry all 200 owners just an opinion :wink:

i agree, the 200s way newer and a much more sensible option.

However, the day will come when a 197 passes you the other way and you'll just feel silly.

I kind of now what you are on about - on the one hand you know a 200 is coming at you but the 197 has a 'softer' face!!

Bit of Vinyl wrap is on my list of things to try and smooth out the nose of the 200

Get a 200 in black, that way the front end blends and looks half decent.

That's probably the only way I'd have one.

Unless I was given one for nothing ha

I used to hate the 200 when I had a 197 and it first came out, now I have the 200 and see it daily its grown on me a lot, looks a lot more sportier and "mean"

People move out the way when they see a bright yellow 200 behind them put it that way. :lol:

Black doesn't show off the lines of the car.

Get the right colour combo and the 200 can look great. There is a Nimbus 200 with gloss black bumper and speedlines and it looks the nuts.

I much prefer the 197.. specially the standard wheels.

Only 200 i'd change for is a Storm Grey with black Speedlines. No point spending any more as next year the 197 will be 2nd car.

I've grown to prefer the look of the 200 in GW with projectors over my 197. In fact I used to drive past a parked GW 200 when I visited my parents and its what made me look into the newer Clio. It looks more in line with the current Renault range. I still like my GW 197 though I really want to get projectors for it.