Steering wheel off centre, alignment correct?

JB40k

Platinum Member
Afternoon all,

Recently my steering wheel has gone off centre, an inch or so to the right (more at 5 of clock than 6, if that makes sense?), the garage have confirmed that the tracking is spot on and the car does not pull.

The search didn't bring anything back... Any ideas on what could have caused this, and fixes - Is it a simple steering wheel off and back-on-straight jobby?

Thanks in advance!

Also interested in this because mine has done the same.

It has to be tracking related really, you shouldn't have to take the wheel off!

I was hoping it shouldn't have to involve taking the wheel off! The only thing I can put it down to would be a tyre change, but that was around 2 months ago, the steering wheel being off has only come about in the last week or so?

Take it to a proper alignment place, ideally one that uses a hunter system so you can get a before/after printout. I was told my tracking was "fine" by 2 seperate places before going to a hunter equipped place and getting it finally sorted out.

Afternoon all,

Recently my steering wheel has gone off centre, an inch or so to the right (more at 5 of clock than 6, if that makes sense?), the garage have confirmed that the tracking is spot on and the car does not pull.

The search didn't bring anything back... Any ideas on what could have caused this, and fixes - Is it a simple steering wheel off and back-on-straight jobby?

Thanks in advance!

Had this problem myself. Couldn't put the wheel straight. Try your tyre pressures. Mine were 10psi at the rear.

Just back from a second garage who have managed to bring it slightly more central by tweaking the tracking again... It's still not perfect, but here's hoping a trip to check the tyre pressures sorts it out! Thanks for the help everybody!