Steering feel

My mum got a Mazda MX5 last week. It's a 2.0 sport with Bilstein dampers and an LSD. I've been driving it whenever I've had the chance because it's fun and different to driving the Clio. Whilst the Clio is faster and brakes better, the steering in the Mazda is just on another level. I can't get over how much better it is than the Clio. You turn the wheel 1 micrometer and the car reacts instantly.
The suspension is softer but even so, it feels so direct and attached. I look for imperfections in the road surface so I have an excuse to steer the car around them. I used to have an MR2 Mk3 which had decent steering, but again, the Mazda is another level.

I know the Clio 200 Cup has a faster rack than the 197, but I can't see how it could even come close to that!

its not having to turn the wheels that also do the driving...makes a big difference does not having engine torque go through the front wheels!

Im with foxspeed, sporty RWD Cars ive driven till now tend to be like that, given they dont have a total fubard steering as OEM tho...