Standard exhaust volume?

Hi all, just bought myself a low mileage 197. I used to have a mk1 172 back in the day and decided to go back to renaultsport after years of VAG cars. It’s awesome fun so far and no regrets but the noise is pretty unbearable. it’s loud through the gears and there’s a lot of drone when cruising. My question is whether the standard exhaust was loud and hard work? It’s been given exhaust tips and the garage said it caused vibration but it feels more than that to me, they told me it’s a standard exhaust but I don’t know it feels pretty loud. Have I just got old?

the 197 / 200 exhausts are pretty quite out of the box, so seems to me its not standard. Just put it on a lift and check again that you have the primary cat, secondary cat, mid pipe resonator and the huge single back box under the rear diffuser.

My money is on a missing resonator and something like a scorpion exhaust in the back.

Non-standard air filter can increase the engine noise, replacement manifold without pre-cat too. The lower-ratio boxes in the 197 make motorway cruising pretty unpleasant... :worried:

Ok thanks guys. Sounds like there’s something non standard from what you’ve said. I’ll try and get a look underneath and get a photo

Stock manifold, stock cat, stock resonator and stock tips (with some terribly added extensions) so as long as the hidden backbox under the diffuser is stock and none of the cats have been gutted, looks pretty stock to me.

Drone could be down to your flexis on the manifold blowing (or if like mine...the runners had cracked from the flange) once fixed it was night and day!