Sprint booster arrives today :D

Luke_197

Platinum Member
Should get my sprint booster through today. I understand it's fairly simple to fit, however I've heard you need to modify the pedal slightly.

Looking at the pedal in guessing the metal lip that is just above the wire either needs bending or grinding off.

Does anyone have any tips on fitting

Thanks

Luke

Hi Luke
Diifficult to describe but when you come to plug in the booster plug to existing connection you'll soon see that metal lips just stops plug lining up to connect. A dremal with cutting disc is ideal as room limited.. a couple of cm just needs taking off to allow it to plug in.

Cheers
Nick

Thanks nick is there no chance of just bending the metal lip out of the way? Would be easier for me as I don't own a dremal. :/

Hi Luke...i did think that and had a pair of mole grips on mine but couldnt shift the lip. you could try a small hack saw. Grinder would do it for sure, buts it just a bit tight space wise for getting angle right to cut.

I'll try a junior hacksaw but if that fails I'll have to go to my mates workshop. I'll report back later if it works :smiley: thanks for the help though nick.

no worries im sure you'll sort it...its like a 1cm bit you need to remove,just an arse trying to get at it with tools....but well worth it for the throttle response....like i said 2min job with a dremal or something small grinder wise

****ING LIVID, after waiting two weeks for my sprint booster to finally arrive, it comes through, I opened it and it seemed way to thin which made me think maybe they have redesigned it to fit around the pedal better, but NO! Sure enough it was the wrong ****ing unit, if anyone else is thinking of ordering a sprint booster then do not buy it from an eBay shop called NO LIMIT TUNING. There customer service is appalling too.

it plughs into your accelerator pedal and increases the throttle response, heard some good things about them on here

Interesting, how much are these units then? Are they really worth it?

There are two types and are roughly between £175 - £200, one type has three settings i think.

IIRC everyone on here who has fitted one has said they are better.