Spambots

A2ON

Platinum Member
They seem to be getting onto the forum more and more

We never had an issue before ?

Whats changed ?

I've FBed Mike about it, if you look on the list of members you can see the list of people with random names and randomly names cars in their profile that looks susp. all registered recently.

I dont understand i thought admin had to approve new members ? surely if these names look sus which they always do then they should just not be activated ?

I dont understand i thought admin had to approve new members ? surely if these names look sus which they always do then they should just not be activated ?

Only if its setup to do that, its not really practical though in most forums.

It just needs some more layers of human verification like captcha and question answer verifications beyond whats 1+1 etc.

I've put a block on the domain that its all coming from, and Mikehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh has been eyeing up the IP addresses - should stop most of it.

What we are gonna do sometime, is upgrade the forum software. DX is looking into it!

:hug:

Has the sign up not got capture?

It's not fool proof but will help

Last time we activated capture, it wouldn't work at all and no one could join at all.

Most peculiar!!

I'm going to spend some time this evening looking into a better way of doing this as it's actually a complete pain in the arse now.

Might just have to upgrade to VB5...

Has been a problem before hasn't it. I remember when I was WM Rep and had a few posts in my section that had to be removed about selling this and that. I saw one tonight, but it got swiftly removed, so at least the site admin/mods are doing a good job. Well done boys!

Shame because I fancied some cheap NFL jerseys for Christmas.

Are we getting v4?

Edit: just noticed my membership has ran out, I'll resubscribe so you have more funds lol