spacers

Good evening, I'm thinking of setting 2cm spacers back and forward in my Clio r27, the suspension is fully standard and have been mounted tires 215/40/17, if I can comment on benefits or not mount them, I would appreciate.
I've heard that usually cause problems in bearings, etc. I really do not want the car to change my address stability or just do it for aesthetics.
greetings

I've had 20mm spacers all around on for a few months now and I think they have slightly improved the handling (as they should do theoretically), and I've pushed the car to find out. And the real reason you put spacers on a road car is to improve the look and it's undeniable they do that. The clios wheels sit way too far into the arches, I'm so satisfied with how the car looks now with spacers on and wouldn't go back.

Varying reviews on spacers on here. Obviously you mount your wheels further away from the axel it's going to technically more stable but also going to create a weakness and more stress. Spacing your wheel will also make your tyres poke out, and allow stones to flick up onto your bodywork, namely mirrors are rear quarter...

Yeah the debating on here put me off getting them for months but glad I finally pulled the trigger, the car looks infinitely better, it feels a bit more planted and I haven't had a problem with stone chips kicking up.

Increasing track width can increase grip through an increase in roll resistance, although increasing the grip is not always a good thing as it means it is more resistive to direction changes. So put simply, more stable and not as good for direction changes.

Certain things can change but dont forget, the wheel bearings are not designed to take that offset load, so extra stress is now created hence why mounting them must done properly.

As long as you get hubcentric spacers and make sure they are fitted properly you will be fine. Just to be safe after mine were fitted I brought the car to a local reputable tyre place and got them to do a safety inspection and they said they were fine and very secure.

Good man.
As long as you get hubcentric spacers and make sure they are fitted properly you will be fine. Just to be safe after mine were fitted I brought the car to a local reputable tyre place and got them to do a safety inspection and they said they were fine and very secure.