spacers and coilovers

ive just read that jase paid 130ish pounds for 25mm spacers so where is the best place t buy them from? and was that with bolts? also im after a set of kw variant 1s where is the best place for them as well? is ktec cheapest or somewhere else better?

Dont bother. If you drive the car for what it was made for, spacers ruin it. Been there, done that, sold them on lol.

Dont bother. If you drive the car for what it was made for, spacers ruin it. Been there, done that, sold them on lol.

+1!!!

gaz do you have a lateral recent photo of your car with h&r? another question, at rear are you at max down?

Poor phone pic

197hr.jpg

This was just after we fitted them, the rear fully down. I raised them up as my driving involves a lot of B roads. I drive it hard, it was made for it :smile: :wink:

Last edited:
Simo so you think spacers ruin the drive? Now you have wheels with a different offset, do you find any difference?

They do. No question. They make the car very nervous, very unstable under braking. I've had the car nearly 3 years, and done nearly 25k on coilovers. As soon as i added spacers the handling went to pot. I know the car inside out, all these cars you see with spacers on here are town cars :wink: They dont get driven properly......

Simo so you think spacers ruin the drive? Now you have wheels with a different offset, do you find any difference?
yeah i quote gaz.....

Your car looks perfect! Do you not like the ride?

kw is good but at rear, i want to go down 1.5cm more.. is the unique fail for me!

They do. No question. They make the car very nervous, very unstable under braking. I've had the car nearly 3 years, and done nearly 25k on coilovers. As soon as i added spacers the handling went to pot. I know the car inside out, all these cars you see with spacers on here are town cars :wink: They dont get driven properly......

+1 too..

I have a 17mm spacers with the Eibach Pro Kit (20/25mm) and that combo works great!

And bolieve me, I drive my car...hard.

I wouldn't be so sure of that :smile: which size spacers did you have?

Mine were 17mm Ebaich hubcentric units. Hated them. Just with the coilovers is perfect for me. As said i've done about 30k of driving on my H&R's, and as soon as i added the spacers it upset the balance. They lasted 4 days :worried:!

I hear mixed reports, some say it's makes it bad, like you others say it improves it? I want the look but don't want to spoil the handling, like you I drive hard too :tongue_smilie:

Mine were 17mm Ebaich hubcentric units. Hated them. Just with the coilovers is perfect for me. As said i've done about 30k of driving on my H&R's, and as soon as i added the spacers it upset the balance. They lasted 4 days :worried:!

Mine are custom made, and I noticed a difference, a positive one definitely.

Yeah I know that! Am asking now you have wheels that have a dirrerent offset which is the same as spacers aint it? Do you notice a difference or improvement?

If he has OZ Ultra's than he has 19cm offset if my memory is good. I'm looking at them. They are 8x17 ET55