Something for my Brembo´s:

Braided brake lines ; Carbon Lorraine brake pads front + rear ;

Front discs: Brembo GT Upgrade-Kit 2-piece

br1.jpg

Rear discs: KTR Black Edition

br2.jpg

Should be fun :smile:

Last edited:
Concerning the front discs, your looking at a 4-figure €-investment incl. taxes.
But have in mind, you will only need to replace the outer disc when they´re worn. (Anyhow it´s not cheap, but good value I hope)

Brilliant upgrade, you think the brakes are good till you up-rate them :wink:

Out of curiosity why did you go for these over the APracing set-up ?

Which parts exactly do you mean from AP Racing? Discs? Calipers?

Tbh I was looking for some 2-piece brake discs to shed some weight as I had to replace the original discs anyway. Brembo themselves had something on offer which, as it seems, nobody really tried yet.

So I decided to be the guinea pig :smiley:

Edit: I know K-tec has some 2-piece brake discs as well, who is manufacturing these?

Last edited:
Which parts exactly do you mean from AP Racing? Discs? Calipers?

Tbh I was looking for some 2-piece brake discs to shed some weight as I had to replace the original discs anyway. Brembo themselves had something on offer which, as it seems, nobody really tried yet.

So I decided to be the guinea pig :smiley:

Edit: I know K-tec has some 2-piece brake discs as well, who is manufacturing these?

Bells and rotors 312 (2 piece) They are awesome, I'm sure the Brembo's will be every bit as good

They do 312, 330 with spacers for the calliper and 330 with APracing 2 piece four pots as opposed to the single piece Brembo four pots.

The AP bells and rotors are not the K-tec ones :wink:

Look very nice mate, sure they will give you more stopping power!

Is it worth upgrading to grooved discs once the standards need changing?

Since the brakes are known for having problems in the wet, under certain circumstances (waterfilm on the disc), it shouldn´t hurt. OEM items here in Germany would be even more expensive then the K-Tec ones (thx to your pesos :wink: ).

I´m curious how the Carbon Lorraine pads will team up with the discs. As i´m changing not one thing at a time, it will be difficult to distinguish the influence of every single part.

EDIT: @mark I guess the 330mm discs would also fit underneath an 17" alloy? Prices? Thing is, I need it to be Tüv approved and that is limiting my choices somehow. Otherwise I think the APRacing brake system is an astonishing piece of work, albeit I´m not sure if there is much room for improving the stopping distance itself, rather than pedal feel and stability.

Last edited:
I was told not to use the carbon lorraine pads on my AP discs, I should use DS2500 or pagid RS29. The Pagid RS29 are expensive though so I went for the DS2500 as I felt I'd spent enough ;/ I'll get the Pagid's next time though.

See, I was told not to use DS2500 with the standard items. We have to find out ourselves. In the end it´s all hollow words, isn´t it?

PS: You have the 312mm discs?

See, I was told not to use DS2500 with the standard items. We have to find out ourselves. In the end it´s all hollow words, isn´t it?

PS: You have the 312mm discs?

I know what you mean, you don't know who to listen to when your trying these things so you've just got to give it go.

I have the 312 I don't feel the need to go any bigger or for a new calliper...yet

What size are the Brembo set you have ? What fluid are you going to use ?