Something different,

Well as i was getting ready for the RS nationals day i decided to give the wifes car a quick going over,

it is the Golf GT TDI 140 which is a great car to drive, but not a patch on the clio, :biggrin:

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00551-1.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00550-1.jpg

and while i was still at it i gave my daily commute a blast as i only work 2 miles down the road so the 197 stays in the garage all week. :wink:

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

and you all know what my car looks like, 8)

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

like i said something a bit different to look at, lol :001_rolleyes:

One of the best cars out today and it looks great with the leather.

We got rid of our 140 golf last month and I miss it sooo much :lol:

The fuel economy is immense and it's certainly not slow, the 170 must be really quick.

Our was a MK V though.

Loving the bike I ride a 2006 yamaha r1 amazing machine is my first ever motorbike 170mph rocket ship !

Loving the bike I ride a 2006 yamaha r1 amazing machine is my first ever motorbike 170mph rocket ship !

cheers guys ^^^^^

your riding an R1 for your FIRST bike lol, :@! they are insane,

i have been thinking about buying a new 400cc Supermoto in a couple of months, i love the look of them and are very quick of the mark as well, i only use the bike for work and the highest speed limit is 40mph so dont want/need anything to big, lol ( unless i take a D-TOUR to work ).

this is my favourite of the solo pics because I can see a reflection of the 197 in the background :wink: It looks good though, the 2.0tdi's go like stink!

Attachments

• DSC00553.jpg
    DSC00553.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
I do like the golf . . . but underpowered and v. v heavy. only thing i would consider apart from my 197 is an R32 . these just make me tingle when i here that v6

I do like the golf . . . but underpowered and v. v heavy. only thing i would consider apart from my 197 is an R32 . these just make me tingle when i here that v6

No they aren't. The 197 is underpowered compared to quick diesels. The 170 Golf would piss all over a 197 in a straight line.

The handle very well as well and give great feed back. The independent rear suspension is great for comfort and pressing on.

Sorry for the outburst defending the Golf :lol: but your wrong on this one mate.

have to also agree with Mark on this one, ^^^^

yes the golf is heavy but underpowered definatley not, if i stuck a S/S zorts on it and a remap it would say goodbye to my 197 on the straights quite easilly, :smile:

Agreed g/f drives a 2ltr gttdi amazingcar feel twice as quick as the 197 lo
yeh r1 1st bike if ur gonna do it do it right hey .lol

a diesel outrunning a 197 . . . .. I kept with an A5 3.0tdi last weekend and he was booting it these are pushing 270 ps. are you driving ure 197 correctly . . . . needless to say my 197 is a little different to standard but still it tops out at 140mph and no 2.0 deisel would be anywhere near. sorry to argue lol

I 100% bet my house car and wife that u could not beet a 270 hp 350+ lbs torque Audi 3ltr tdi other will also clarify

Have u ever driven a mk5 2ltr gttdi ? O gues not they r super rapid mate

Last edited:
A standard Golf GTD even with DSG is slower in a straight Line. 8.1 to 62 mph compared to 6.9 and 220 km/h compared to 223 km/h (marginal and catalogue figures, but anyway).

In Gear Performance should be loads better though.

Nice Collection you have!

the golf is NO slouch trust me i drive both of them, they are both great cars to drive but in different ways,

i dont want this to turn into a golf verses clio thread please. :smile:

thanks for the comments tho. :thumbup1:

yeah deffo needs to be some hard stats to prove clio beats golf hands down. Aron its all about power to weight ratios not bhp lol empty clio meens same PTW as lotus elise

Similar Thread Suggestions