Smashed glass

michaelsyer

Gold Member
I know this is the wrong section but i needed the most viewed section.

Just left my parents house to go home and someone has smashed my rear windscreen. Glass excess is 150 pound, i can get a bootlid with glass for 75pound of ebay. question is will any mk3 boot lids fit the clio 197? also they smashed one rear light. would i need to replace just one or a whole pair?

I thought the same thing left my car outside the front door and when walking past the door looked out and saw the back window was shattered. The colder weather and a weakness in the glass it will just go but it sounds like someone has drove into your car the plastic rear light will not go like that the impact could have stressed the glass and now your only noticing. Replace the glass changing the boot is over kill I thought the colours of the Renault sports are unique so the paint will not match not sure about the black colour though. If you have fully comp and glass insurance it would cost £50 - £75 to have it replaced ring a glass firm and bring the car to them to keep the cost down.
upload_2019-3-17_23-28-17.png

To answer your question yes I’m fairly sure all mk3 boot lids are the same. But as mentioned above glass claim through insurance or even just buying glass yourself might be a better option when you factor in paint.

If you could find a single light there’s no reason why you couldn’t change just one. It may look slightly different to your original due to weathering / how it’s been washed etc but it’s probably nothing polishing one or both lights couldn’t fix.

Rather than a new thread I'm trying to find the answer if definitely all MK3 Clio boot lids are the same. Will a pre fit a facelift? Thanks