Silverstone Edition Wanted

I'm looking for a late, low mls, exceptional quality, RS200 FF, and might consider a Silverstone limited edition if I could find one that ticked all the right boxes.

Prefer:
- Original/Unmodified
- Under 20k mls
- Full History
- Immaculate condition

Thanks
mvc@fly7.co.uk

K-Tec are advertising a Silverstone that sounds like it may tick your boxes.

Last edited:
That one's sold unfortunately.

Doesn't have to be a 'Silverstone' - but definitely looking for a late/low mls/immaculate/nice spec RS200 in the right colour.

I've been keeping an eye on the ads for quite a while, but missed two (inc the K Tec one) last week.

thanks

There's one here - http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...t-renaultsport-silverstone-gp-3dr/6012796?v=c

However, I'm not keen on 'aftermarket' mods - mot and noise issues.

How easy/viable is it to return to standard?

The 'bolt-on' mods shouldn't be too difficult to replace - standard full 200 exhausts (second hand) are advertised on the forum for quite cheap, quite often. An OEM filter can be had for not much money. The manifold though would be costly to replace - primarily on the labour costs front.

The Ktec manifold is a good upgrade though - there is a choice of two aftermarket manifolds available, this one and a Toyosports one. If you get a standard exhaust, that will include a cat and therefore you should be fine with MOT tests.

You should be able to sell on the Ktec exhaust fairly easily, there's a decent demand for aftermarket exhausts on here.

The remap will of course have been done to work with these mods, so removing them could jeopardise that. Not sure exactly how, perhaps someone can clarify.

So essentially, yes it can be returned to standard, but it depends on the effort you want to put into it and how much you would like this car :smile:

Like [MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] says, you can get that back to standard very easily and you'll have the added bonus of the manifold, it's a superb piece of kit! I'd gladly swap my standard system for the rest :wink:
My only concern is the KTEC remap, I'd get another remap done by RS Tuning or Engine Dynamics, depending on where you're based as there's a bit of stigma surrounding their ability to map and consequent engine damage (unless that's crackle map only?). It wouldn't take much to get it to standard at all if you're going through the painstaking process of finding the right car, this will be a walk in the park.

Like @jimmyd81 says, you can get that back to standard very easily and you'll have the added bonus of the manifold, it's a superb piece of kit! I'd gladly swap my standard system for the rest :wink:
My only concern is the KTEC remap, I'd get another remap done by RS Tuning or Engine Dynamics, depending on where you're based as there's a bit of stigma surrounding their ability to map and consequent engine damage (unless that's crackle map only?). It wouldn't take much to get it to standard at all if you're going through the painstaking process of finding the right car, this will be a walk in the park.

The one in the link isnt a silverstone
its just a normal storm grey car.

Yeah, the title's a bit misleading but then he said he'd consider a 200 in the right colour. I guess this is it!

Thanks Jimmy/Ricah

Nice to know it can be done, but I think I'll pass on account of the hassle factor.

In the meantime, if anyone knows of a really nice late/low miles RS (Silverstone or standard) in Storm, Racing, Alien or perhaps LW or NG, then I'm still looking.

I understand your logic, but when in life do you get a 10/10 for anything? This to me should be the closest thing you may get for the foreseeable future. All that time waiting could be spent on enjoying the RS200.
I'm not having a go in any way, and it's not my money, but life's too short to ignore a 8-9/10 opportunity. I hope people understand this logic!
Anyway, all the best with the search and I hope something comes up whilst the weather is still good :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's one here - http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...t-renaultsport-silverstone-gp-3dr/6012796?v=c

However, I'm not keen on 'aftermarket' mods - mot and noise issues.

How easy/viable is it to return to standard?

The dealer doesn't know the spec. The ad says it has a deep black Renault ID roof. The pictures show a body coloured roof. It also states RenaultSport monitor. Doubt it's fitted. If you go to look at it go over it carefully.

I think the colour is Storm Grey. Only six came with a Cup Spoiler as OEM and 23 with Recaro's. 31 with Cup Suspension and 3 with the RS monitor. It's a rare car.

It would be fairly easy to return to standard. At least it's still got it's original badging and window stickers. Those are usually the first thing to go when modifiers go to town.

Told you you should have bought the Raider ; )