Shout box ?

is it possible to get a shout box up and running ?

as its a great way to hold a decent conversation with others, and to answer quick fire questions that anybody has, instead of constant posting all the time and creating new topics and posts,

just an idea guys,

anybodys thoughts on this ?

Craig.

thanks jase,

we had one on fiestastoc.com but only paid members could use/view it which is a good idea as well.

Nice idea, i like the part about having to be an EM to use it. Gives extra benefits to EM's as well.

Not a fan of them to be honest. Takes up too much bandwidth and has to be pruned often. I find it some times takes away posts that other users could benifit from. I personally think it's what man is for.

Not a fan of them to be honest. Takes up too much bandwidth and has to be pruned often. I find it some times takes away posts that other users could benifit from. I personally think it's what man is for.

thats what i was kind of thinking dee.
the point of the forum is to help people. if you get an answer without a thread then you are the only person that will learn.
will at some point probably be making more of the site only accessible to paid members as this new software has to be paid for. :worried:

May as well charge for it, helps the forum jase. Helps to pay for stands and stuff like that. The corsa forum i use charge £11 a Year to have these extra features

Extra Membership
This will subscribe you to Corsa-D|UK Extra Membership for 1 Year (12 Months).

In addition to the normal site features available to basic members you will also get the following features:

Can Set Self to Invisible
Can Use Signatures
Can Use Post Icons
Can have Photo Albums (15mb or 500 Pictures, whichever comes first)
Can Comment on Photos in Albums
Can Post, Edit and Delete User Profile Comments
Can Download Attachments
Can Delete Own Posts
Can Post in Social Groups
Can Upload Custom Avatars (160 Wide, 120 High, 12kb Max in Size)
Increased PM Storage (250)
Can Request Message Tracking (ie... Ask for a Read Reciept)
Can send PMs to upto 5 Recipients at once
Ability to Sell items
Access to Extra Members Special Offers
Access to the "Extra Members Area"
Access to the "Site Suggestions Area"
Priority Booking for Shows
Chance of Being a Feature Car
Ability to change Username
Can Open/Close Own For Sale and Wanted Threads

You can also pay £14 a Year to have these other features.

Extra Membership Plus
This will subscribe you to Corsa-D|UK Extra Membership Plus for 1 Year (12 Months)

In addition to the site features available to extra members (see above) you will also get the following features:

Can have Photo Albums (40mb or 2000 Pictures, whichever comes first)
Increased PM Storage (500)
Can send PMs to upto 10 Recipients at once
Can Upload Attachments (10mb)
Can Manage Uploaded Attachments
Can Use Signatures (5 Lines, Text Size 2)
Can Delete Own Threads
Can Post Visitor Messages on Others Profiles
Can Create, Join and Manage Social Groups
Can Post Messages in Social Groups

Not too bad tbh! Thats also a vB Bulletin forum, so its all achievable, some of that stuff isn't correct though, like at the mo' with the extra membership you get signatures etc. But it could be something to work off..

Last edited:
No worries, worth looking into giving people the option to pay if they want to, i dont know what the old forum was like, but with vB you can give loads of features. So it might appeal to more people.

it was only an idea guys, if it takes up to much bandwidth ( dont know what that is sorry) then dont worry about it.

i would pay extra to use it anyway, ?

It could be used, however i think at the moment with the amount of active members it might be a good idea to stay away from things like this.

We dont want people to use the shoutbox over the forum. Ideally we want this place more active.

It could be installed as an extra for paid members but this is something me and Jase are currently talking about.

i recon same. stay away from shout box for now but think about some of the other things....