Seriously WTF

richandgem

Platinum Member
The cars been in the garage, had its second service and the oil leak on the head fixed. The garage have been great as usual and even did it at a very good price for a dealer £199 all in is pretty good for a Renault garage imo.

Now for the bad bit. While it was in they also changed the door seals as they were split again. They brought a outside glazer in (National Windscreens) to remove and refit the rear windows, problem is he scratched the rear quaters to f*** :worried:

Fotunately its around the rim of the window so I can get it cut up to the folds in the sheet metal. The garage have been great about it, they told me as soon as I got there and even pointed out to me the damage. I now have to go get a quote to get the work done and get the money from the clown

Autoglass buggered my passenger window on the Zetec S, it wouldn't shut o it's own. I moaned and moaned, and never got anywhere, so very very good luck with it mate :smile:

the garage have been great about it and as I say they didn't do the work. They were very apologetic and asked me what I wanted to do about it

the garage have been great about it and as I say they didn't do the work. They were very apologetic and asked me what I wanted to do about it

thats got too be a first do you have to get the repair work done and claim the money back or just get a quote?

even if they didnt do the job they sub-contacted the work and therefore are still responsible for the work - there is a legal term for it but it escapes me

even if they didnt do the job they sub-contacted the work and therefore are still responsible for the work - there is a legal term for it but it escapes me

in the construction industry the subbies have a duty of care, the main contractor takes the responsability that work undertaken on it's behalf is managed and supervised out to their own standards.

I will just get a quote for the work and get it done then pass the invoice onto the garage and tell them to claim it back off the bloke that did it.

in the construction industry the subbies have a duty of care, the main contractor takes the responsability that work undertaken on it's behalf is managed and supervised out to their own standards.

The duty of care is a major flaw its all down to what they where getting paid for the works carried out. duty of care is fought against with reasonably practicable which is all down to the job costing. you pay for a £5 job you get a £5 job, you pay £10 it will be twice as good.

At least the garage are fixing it but it shouldn't have happened, especially with the bother you had with your old LY 197:'(

this thread got me worried as i was having my door seals done yesterday! HOWEVER done and looks good as new again :smiley: got it done under warranty even tho mine ran out in september as i kicked up a fuss down the phone to renault lol. really pleased as the split seals were making the car look tatty and old. had it done with smc renault in weybridge and they were top class as usual. glad my local dealers is a good one. they even gave me a standard clio to use for the day while it was being done, i asked if i could hav the r26r in the showroom for the day instead but they didnt seem 2 impressed at my request :wink:

This is the second time I've had the seals replaced and the first time it was done was brilliant, not a mark on the car. Its obviously the useles halfwitt that did it this time.

I spoke to my 2 very good bodyshops and they both told me they'd have to spray the rear quarters and doors to get rid of them properly :worried:
I really dont want to do that so I'm trying a few other options

Bit of an update. The garage phoned me last night to say they had been on the phone to the company that fitted the glass and told them to come in to discuss the problem. Anyway the manager of the glass place has accepted all responsilbility and given autorization for any correct work to take place, weather that be a simple smart repair or a full resray.

They are aware of the potential £1600-£2000 cost if I go down the respray route but accept that if thats what has to be done then so be it. Obviously I am lot happier now knowing that I can get it repaired in the way I wont. I just need to decide what that is lol.

The garage are being brilliant as always I cant fault them really, they are arguing my case and have been completely honest and open about it all. Its great to get a dealer that actually fight your corner rather than denying all knowledge of the accident happening

Bad news this Rich.

Mines been in Renault this morning about the door seals...goes back in on the 9th to have the drivers side replaced. I'll be checking for damage!