Seat FR it is :/

Ok so. As my other 118d thread I test drove a black 2007 FR today and I was VERY impressed! Not a patch on the Clio in fun factor but is a pleasure to drive with the kick to annoy som chivvy Vauxhall owners :wink:

looks like the oh will test drive it tomorrow but I'm fairly sold on it.

I have a spare 197.net sticker in gold so will look nice on the black lol

That looks very nice Chris, very easy cars to tune too

Lol I will be doing stuff to this with out a doubt as I just couldn't bring myself to do it to the R27 all though I'm not sure AD08's will be beneficial :/

Also can come to miles more meets as wont be paying for fuel and will be getting double the miles lol

Nice!

Intercooler
Downpipe back
're-map
Lowering springs
Sticky tyres

Will kill most things whilst doing 50mpg!!

Was thinking about an inter cooler and things I must say. Will be confirming figures by the end of the week I would say but as far as I can see its fairly good on price as is (already down a little on that though lol) the other half is very happy as has all he mod cons and things.

Would have to look at some springs all though it doesn't handle bad as is IMO

My dad had a mk 5 golf 2.0 tdi mapped to 180bhp, mega torque, but would have been soooooo much better with the intercooler. My neighbour suggested it as he worked as a mechanic for Vw, he reckoned that would release the most power before a map, especially a twintercooler.

+ springs will be better than coilovers on these cars, according to a vw enthusiast I met last year dropping these (mk5/mk2 Leon) chassis more than 30mm results in negative camber and messes up the handling. Unless u spend stupid money on adjustable top mounts.

Last edited:
My dad had a mk 5 golf 2.0 tdi mapped to 180bhp, mega torque, but would have been soooooo much better with the intercooler. My neighbour suggested it as he worked as a mechanic for Vw, he reckoned that would release the most power before a map, especially a twintercooler.

+ springs will be better than coilovers on these cars, according to a vw enthusiast I met last year dropping these (mk5/mk2 Leon) chassis more than 30mm results in negative camber and messes up the handling. Unless u spend stupid money on adjustable top mounts.

Extreme camber is seen as a good mod in some scenes.... Then again so is a bloody roof rack

Extreme camber is seen as a good mod in some scenes.... Then again so is a bloody roof rack
Hahaha I have to say I like some of this stuff! Even a roof rack!! There is a guy in town somewhere with a red bread van polo slammed on 13"s fully stripped out with a roof rack, and rolls around with either his bmx or a 72pint steel keg strapped to it! Looks quality!

Ok so. As my other 118d thread I test drove a black 2007 FR today and I was VERY impressed! Not a patch on the Clio in fun factor but is a pleasure to drive with the kick to annoy som chivvy Vauxhall owners :wink:

looks like the oh will test drive it tomorrow but I'm fairly sold on it.

I have a spare 197.net sticker in gold so will look nice on the black lol

I am also going down the Seat route ... got a quote on an Ibiza Cupra but the one I liked in the show room was sold so I will have to order for December delivery :smiley: Very tidy cars and I would have picked the Leon FR too but I am still massive fan of smaller cars :tongueout:

Like you said, not as fast but they can be tuned well :smile:

Very nice!

Looks like future meets could now be a mix of Clios, Megs, Fiesta STs and Seats :smile:

My cousin has the Leon Cupra R - do really like them. Has finished all the visual stuff of the car now so i think her partner (a mechanic) plans to have a play with the engine (last car was a 550BHP cosworth RS)

Got both sitting on my drive. The Leon drives very well! Would love it as a daily (My Dads unfortunately)! Would recommend!

625495_10153295468270511_732013569_n.jpg

I am also going down the Seat route ... got a quote on an Ibiza Cupra but the one I liked in the show room was sold so I will have to order for December delivery :smiley: Very tidy cars and I would have picked the Leon FR too but I am still massive fan of smaller cars :tongueout:

Like you said, not as fast but they can be tuned well :smile:

Did you trade albi in?