Sean's Red 200

Sean197

RIP Albi :( Hello Red 200 :)
Looks like your brakes were stored at the bottom of the ocean!

Mine were like that when I got my car, you need to go full send on the pins, get a decent punch and disregard your knuckles. I ended up cutting mine which made things worse, they REALLY didn't want to come out.
They're in horrific condition, first drive was interesting, or at least trying to stop at a junction was... I've tried a punch but there's no movement at all. Might just go bigger lol

suj

Paid Member
I sprayed loads of Plus Gas and it took shit loads of hammer and punch action!

link

Paid Member
My advice is cut the middle of the pin out where it's receced for the spring, the near side should tap out easily. Then get a long parallel punch, slide it through the hole and whack it with a lump hammer!

Here's one I made earlier... :sunglasses:

DSC_0269.JPG

DSC_0270.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: Sean197

Sean197

I sprayed loads of Plus Gas and it took shit loads of hammer and punch action!
I used Power Maxed Shock & Unlock and it had no effect. I've used Plus Gas in the past and ordered some this evening so we'll see. I'm definitely edging towards cutting them tbh.

Reactions: suj

suj

Paid Member
I used Power Maxed Shock & Unlock and it had no effect. I've used Plus Gas in the past and ordered some this evening so we'll see. I'm definitely edging towards cutting them tbh.
Yeah I've heard of them being fully fucked and stuck, mine were a bitch to get out, took a long ass time.
I went with Mr Pink pins after for that very reason (and a dab of Cera Tec in each hole... giggity).

Sean197

Yeah I've heard of them being fully fucked and stuck, mine were a bitch to get out, took a long ass time.
I went with Mr Pink pins after for that very reason (and a dab of Cera Tec in each hole... giggity).
I'll be using standard pins, used them in my 197 and never had any issues as they were changed once a year when the brakes were stripped and cleaned. As long as maintenance is kept on top of they shouldn't have any issues.

Reactions: suj

suj

Paid Member
I'll be using standard pins, used them in my 197 and never had any issues as they were changed once a year when the brakes were stripped and cleaned. As long as maintenance is kept on top of they shouldn't have any issues.
See I originally put OEM ones back in, then after 9months (15k miles) they were stuck as hell again, so I went Mr Pinks and it's been 2.5years now, they come easily every time I've taken them out, as they're not friction fit, the r-clip design is what was on my 200sx and nearly all Jap cars, never been a problem.
But yeah stick to what you prefer, just dab some Cera Tec in, to help when it does come to removal.

Similar Thread Suggestions