satnav

Hi Im just wondering on the new renault clios they have the satnav built in
would that be able to be put in the renaultsport 197?

;/

Hi Phil,
i believe it's not possible as the wiring looms are different, others will be on to check if i'm right in saying that.
cheers
Pip.

As pip said really mate, besides you'd probably pay more than double for the built in Satnav with plastic surround than you would for a decent sat Nav system. From what I remember the Tom Tom in the Renaults is only a cheap nasty one anyway.

The tomtom is brilliant i have it in mine but only as it came with the car, but as said the looms are different

I put it in my 197. Great TomTom, but took alot of work and cost a lot to do. I think its worth it as i can't stand having things stuck on my windows.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

Sorry guys, have been away for the weekend. Probably cost me around £400, but if you don't want to use it with an aftermarket radio it would be a lot easier and cheaper.

I managed to find a breakers that were scrapping a Clio TomTom 1.2 and got them to rip out everything i needed to fit it in. The longest part was cutting all the correct TomTom wiring out of the car interior loom.

GPS Aerial
TomTom Unit and Fascia
Multimedia Interface Box
TomTom Remote Control
Interior Car Wiring Loom
Radio

This is how the whole front car loom looked like when a got it.

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

A lot of chopping and chasing wirers later I ended up with this.

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

Crikey, when you look at those first pics you think 'i would not want to refit that' :blush:hmy: but after you've trimmed away the stuff you dont want it looks like a simple job to fit.

Well done for getting through it :jase2:

Cheers guys, was a bit of a pain to do but worth the effort in my opinion. It sits quite low in the dash so doesn't stick out that much, but i agree would be better if it folded away.

It can also run TomTom player which will turn it into a media player, play MP3's and videos on it.

fair play to you for sticking to the task - does look a right pain in the harris !!
nice job there!

must admit - the more i think about it the more i fancy having a go - Dam you Luke!!

Last edited:
fair play to you for sticking to the task - does look a right pain in the harris !!
nice job there!

must admit - the more i think about it the more i fancy having a go - Dam you Luke!!

Hahaha sorry mate, if you do decide to do it and want any advice just let me know. :thumbsup:

Also bear in mind that you will need the SD card and maps to get it to work, they weren’t cheap when i brought mine from TomTom.

I would like to wake up this topic due to my interest in doing the same project.
If the author is still active I will be grateful if he can publish any information concerning connecting diagrams of each individual part of the system as well as their mutual harmonization................

I've been trying to do it for while, can't seem to find everything I need, namely the interior wiring loom. I've given up trying.

Sorry guys, I did mine a while ago now. I didn't really document anything, only the pictures you see above. I just worked my way though it, I found a crashed Clio TomTom and just got the scrapper to rip everything out that look liked it was to do with it. I did post a list up of most the things I used to do mine.

GPS Aerial
TomTom Unit and Fascia
Multimedia Interface Box
TomTom Remote Control
Interior Car Wiring Loom
Radio

Luke