Sale of a F1 Clio. No. 432/500

Connor O'Brien

Paid Member
Hello all,

With deep sadness, I've had to confront the fact that I'll have to sell this car that I've had for a short term, which was never the plan, but the little thing is absolutely hemorrhaging cash at a rate I've not known possible.

The Car,
Reg: BN57FKG
Miles: 72,000 miles (Daily Use so will increase.)
Colour: Silver

I've had the car since April and due to gross negligence from the previous owner it has spent most of my ownership being in the garage.

Since purchasing the car I've changed:
New clutch
New Gearbox
New Thermostat
Exhaust flexi's replaced (still not totally repaired)
New CV boot's
Wheel nut had to be re-threaded and then bolted as one was missing.
Drop Links replaced
Full Service carried out
New Swivel Hubs
All Belts Replaced
Map Sensor

Since buying the car I've spent over 2000 pound and it still needs working, though not much.

Works to be done on the car:

Exhaust issue (resonates and dash is claiming an emissions issue)
ABS light
ESC light
Interior snags

The car is currently going into the garage for these issues to be rectified then that should be the last of problems for this car for a good long while.

Anyway, away from the bad news. Email for photo's, despite the issues the car is lovely. Paintwork is in good condition considering the age as is the interior, both of which are massive surprises to me considering the state of the car mechanically when I first bought it. Only issue on the interior is the passenger side leg bolster has torn which is a common issue and the driver side material isn't bonded on to the back of the seat properly, both of which I also plan on fixing before a sale is completed.

When I bought the car I knew there was issues I just didn't realize to what extent there was issues and how much they would cost. Though I did promise to myself that I'd make the car mint so I'm trying my best to prevail and spend the money it needs.

As a result, it's a shame but I won't be able to keep the car as a long termer as I'd initially intended and hoped as I go back to Uni in September and I need to Recoop as much of the cash invested in this car as is possible.

I'm not interested in a quick sale, I'm interested in finding the right guy at the right price as I don't want to lose anymore than I have to and I want a person whom will understand just what I've put into the car to try and restore it to what these cars deserve to be.

Thanks,

Connor

email: connor968696@gmail.com
tele: 07445663588

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: Dean Cohen