Rusty Spot

I have, annoyingly, noticed a small rust spot that is still underneath the paint at the moment on the tailgate on my 57 plate 197, just below the rear wiper on the little return where the glass joins. About half the size of your thumb nail. Now I'm 99.9% sure that it hasn't ever had paint, being only the second owner and knowing the first. Has anyone had experience of claiming on the bodywork warranty for this or am I wasting my time??

That is a common fault, the glass can be fitted incorrectly and cause issues which can be fixed by Renault. Do some searches on here, others will be along with more detail.

Two replies already and both promising...........I'm guessing it's just a question of walking into the dealers and announcing yourself is it?

Yes indeed, you could also call Renault customer services, who will tell you to take it to your local dealer, but you can at least discuss it with them and get some advice and make the issue known to them for any future issues with the dealer.

Majority of Renaults will come with anti corrosion warranty. Call up your dealer they'll be able to check that out for you and the problem should be covered under warranty.

If it's under the rear wiper then renault will pay to fix it, provided it wasn't damaged by a new window or previous paint. I have a thread on it somewhere....

I had a claim for a bubble on my tailgate but on the inside, Renault sorted no problems, they have a seven year anti corrosion warranty.