RSTuner vs CAN Clip for general problem diagnosis

tcw

Paid Member
Hey everyone,

Not sure if this appropriate but I'm going to ask anyway.

I've got a problem with the lights, which I am pretty sure it's the sensor. Now the most 'for sure' way to diagnose this, I am told is via the CLIP. I don't own a CLIP.

Now I've got two options:
* Take it to the garage and they will charge me to plug it in
* Buy either an RSTuner (if it's capable) or a CLIP clone to look myself. This is more expensive but it's unlikely to be the last time I have an issue.

What's everyones thoughts/recommendations, is the RSTuner even capable of speaking to the lighting computer or not (I suspect not)? The car's heading to Engine Dynamics Monday so I'll get them to look then if I decide against buying a diagnostic tool, though I have to be honest I kind of begrudge a £50 charge for someone to plug it in...

Thanks
Tobie.

Not sure if uou have an android phone but if you do one option is to buy yourself a Bluetooth obd reader and get an app called 'OhNo! For Renault', it's free and has all the diagnostic modules like abs and stuff, I think you pay a pound for 2 weeks as a one off or something and get full diagnosis options.

Worked a treat on my car and diagnosed my abs sensor straight away and is way better than the generic code readers!!!

Reactions: Sean197 and DS197