RS200 - Swapping from 'Cup' to 'Standard' Suspension?

I've had a FF RS200 with the 'Cup' chassis for 6 years and 60k mls, so very familiar with the set up.

I'm looking to buy a newer, low mileage, RS200 but would prefer the 'standard' suspension. My experience, and various EVO articles ( http://www.evo.co.uk/renault/clio/11414/renaultsport-clio-200-cup ) suggests that the 'standard' suspension is more compliant and relaxed, with only a marginal loss of handling sharpness. And, for my specific purposes, this would be my preference.

So, if I buy an RS200 with FF and 'Cup' chassis, what would I need to change?

I'm thinking just Springs and Dampers, keeping the ARBs and Steering Rack.

Any thoughts or advice?

thanks

That should do it, though the ride height will make it look a bit poo. I have standard shocks but have lowered on Eibach Pro springs and still find it really comfortable.
I noticed a difference driving one with the faster rack and would very much like it on mine - win win!
Would B14's also be an option so you have the best of both worlds?

My 197 had standard chassis and was still pretty firm and bumpy.

Don't get your hopes up thinking it's going to be night and day difference as it's really not..

My 197 had standard chassis and was still pretty firm and bumpy.

Don't get your hopes up thinking it's going to be night and day difference as it's really not..

Agree'd on this point of view.........

I've just gone from standard set-up (Non Cup) to adding Eibach springs.( Which some say can be firmer feeling, than a car with Cup chassis.)

Although the car might now be a little flatter through the corners and a tad stiffer, the difference between a firmer / Cup chassis and the stock chassis is not night and day.........

Reactions: Beany
As I said, I've done 60k mls in my RS 200 FF/Cup - in the UK and France. I have other cars, and regard the Clio's ride/handling compromise as very good - especially on the better roads. However, some surfaces are a bit jarring, especially with passengers.

So, for my intended uses, if I could improve the ride comfort slightly, without too much modification, it would be beneficial.

It was the various EVO articles that influenced my thinking - http://www.evo.co.uk/renault/clio/11414/renaultsport-clio-200-cup