RS200 Racing Blue

fezza555

Paid Member
Hey, I am Lewis. Been on here a little while thought I would start a progress thread. So I finished University last year after completing an engineering degree. I now work as a design engineer, been wanting a new car what seems like forever but only recently been able to afford an upgrade. I was after a car that had great handling, nice recaro bucket seats, good brakes and a nice revvy engine. I watched all the Clio 200 videos:

I was hooked! Had to have one, this is what driving is all about plus I love the look of the clios, they are quite rare particularly in racing blue. So when one popped up in Sunderland some 250 mile away I had to have it. It is a 59 reg with 50k miles on the clock, recaro seats, auto wipers/lights, cruise control.

Plans would have included adding an Akrapovic exhaust and lowering slightly. Luckily enough for me the car already had an Akrapovic cat back system and H&R lowering springs. RESULT! I have absolutely loved the car so far, keep just popping out for a drive it is an addictive car to say the least especially with the exhaust cracks and pops on downshifts.

Only a few plans at the moment :

- Upgrade speakers for Focal 130as, add sound deadening new HU and amp
- Steering wheel re-trim
- Remove swirls, car is covered and not sure the best soloution which doesn't cost a fortune.
- Carbon dipped badges

I have taken it out for a drive with my cousins Nissan 370z Nismo, that was a huge laugh and photo with my sisters Mini Cooper S. I brought a few bits this weekend for it as well, some Focal 130as speakers, some new stickers to make a bit more like mine and a replacement seal for the passenger side which was perished.

Anyway, here are just a few photos of it so far. All comments and opinions welcome :smile:

SAM_1639 (2).JPG SAM_1644.JPG SAM_1643.JPG SAM_1639.JPG DSC_0577 (2).JPG DSC_0578 (2).JPG DSC_0572.JPG

Looking good mate but just my opinion lose all the decals and go back to the original diamonds.

Thanks for the comments. Have removed a few stickers including the Akrapovic ones keeping it a bit more subtle. So I drove to Worksop and back over the weekend to sell my Ford Fiesta Zetec S Mk6, it has been sitting at my Dads since i brought the Clio. Planned a decent route for the way back was a right laugh as opposed to using the A1 the whole way.. YAWN! :sleeping: was sad to see the Fiesta go as I became quite attached but certainly the Clio is a massive step on. Got some cool photos of both cars together. Plans for the coming weekend are to fully fit up my component speakers. I purcahsed an Alpine CDE-193BT head unit, fitted up makes a big difference already. Here are some shots and the route i took, if anyone knows some other good driving roads around near that route would be good to know as I go up to Worksop fairly often.

Worksop to Hertford

34296003300_6a5fea4522_k.jpgZetec s and RS200

34680734395_779f5c9571_b.jpgRS200 and Zetec S Anniversary

34680681345_b48d5b0396_b.jpgBeading

Are you based in Hertford bud? I'm only round the corner in Hoddesdon if you ever fancy a ride out:sunglasses:

Lovely car in the best colour!

Really like the colour of the Fiesta but it's nothing next to the Racing Blue. If you live near Ben there are some cracking roads to be had too!

Hope you enjoy the car.

Reactions: fezza555
Are you based in Hertford bud? I'm only round the corner in Hoddesdon if you ever fancy a ride out:sunglasses:
Yer definitely, I don't know too many good driving roads around here although last week I went through Hatfield Heath, White Roding and Pleshley was good fun. Other than that sounds like I haven't been looking hard enough lol, I am pretty much opposite the Formula 1 garage along Ware road.

Lovely car in the best colour!

Really like the colour of the Fiesta but it's nothing next to the Racing Blue. If you live near Ben there are some cracking roads to be had too!

Hope you enjoy the car.
Thanks I have really enjoyed it so far, I love the rarity of it as well. Was looking at a Fiesta ST mk7 but 1. It was more expensive and 2. I see them everyday so I was put off.

Reactions: ///M
Tidy. I did a loft conversion in Tamworth Road last year so know the area

There's a nice route heading up through the Pelhams and Barkway that I've been on which is decent. Can head further out into Essex as well.

Drop me a message if you fancy it. I regularly head out on a Sunday morning if the weather is good

So I recently purchased a retrimmed steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels, the work is really good I am very impressed. Secondly I have had the car machine polished as there were lots of swirl marks, managed to get most of them out so looks really great. I decided to go out and take a few photos of the latest developments. I will be looking to replace the renault diamond back to standard soon, as far I can gather I need to remove the bumper :unamused:. Anyways check out the latest photos. Thanks.

34591127224_2ec38d2fb1_b.jpg

34623298383_fa8a19eed2_b.jpg
35303418181_9115c61ffd_b.jpg
35393539806_908c414c23_b.jpg
35393543336_9eac6fe348_b.jpg
35303424701_57ab3cdb55_b.jpg
35393533736_f465a68f8f_b.jpg
35303432991_772835dc95_b.jpg
34591152054_310405eb48_b.jpg

Last edited: