Ross's LY 200 Adventure

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by RossWoods93, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Car:
    RB 200 cup
    Come on @RossWoods93 take the Clio out ffs :smile:

Big Ben and Pav like this.

2. RossWoods93

RossWoods93 Platinum Member

Car:
    LY Clio RS 200
    633d360cd2c412ebf659d775c51fff4f.jpg

Sean197, Beany, Big Ben and 1 other person like this.
  3. RossWoods93

Car:
    LY Clio RS 200
    A long absence by myself from the forum the latter half of this year, whereby I haven't had the opportunity for a while to sit down and invest my time into catching up on all the various project threads, as well as reporting my my own Clio.

Would I say there's been a slight lul in the ownership of my Clio...? Probably not, the appeal of a Megane/higher powered car is always there, but it still puts a smile on my face as a daily, and the raw nature of the N/A is still addictive (that poor limiter!) Girlfriend still dislikes the Clio (4 years of hatred) with it's rattles and odd discomforts... but she just doesn't understand if that makes sense!

In the way of updates, not much to report back on albeit a couple of changes looking forward.

Last week I had the Clio in for some TLC, as the thermostat was faulty. Running the car to Manchester and back the engine was lingering around 60 degrees the whole time, so that was changed as well as the PCV valve. The car runs much smoother now in the cold, whether this was relating more to the engine temp, or the blocked up PCV valve I'm not sure!

Alloys: Within the next week I'm getting the spare set of cup alloys I have refurbed, and powder coated in gloss black. I always like the look of black against LY, and if there's one thing I've always been embaressed by it's the state of my alloys!

Recaros: Some will know that I'm trying to keep the car as OEM as possible (how boring am I?) but I'm keeping an eye out for a set of yellow dot Recaros. It was the main compromise when I purchased the car that it didn't have Recaro's and in my opinion they just look cooler... expensive investment but I'd hope if the seats are well looked after they'll hold their value!

Other than that there's a few cosmetic bits with the paintwork (stonechips / slight dent on rear quarter) that I'm hoping to get looked all.

Time to catch up on the various threads I've not caught up with in a long time!

I hope everyone is well, new members and old! I'll post another update once I've got the refurbed alloys on!

4. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    Nice update Ross.

Keeping the car unmodified is a rarity these days. Cool to be different

Look forward to the black alloy pics though:grinning:

5. RossWoods93

Car:
    LY Clio RS 200
    Thanks Ben!

I’m still looking to put the car away once change is needed, I can sacrifice driving a nail family wagon when the time comes!

So if I invest in Recaro’s etc I’d still keep the standard seats just so I have everything how it rolled out the factory!

Sorting the cosmetics out now though always seems risky if I’m running the car another few years! If I invest ~£500 to sort out stonechips etc what’s to say the same panel doesn’t suffer the same fate a week later! Makes more sense to leave that as late as possible, but just grates me knowing that there’s an imperfection!

I’m sure you feel the same with stonechips at the front!

Beany likes this.
  6. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Car:
    RB 200 cup
    Did you have to blow the cobwebs off to update this thread :smile:

Recaros and wheels are just the start my friend... next it’ll be ohh I’ll get some cup suspension (mine will be available in the new year hint hint) ready for the eventual track day / Trax 19

Yeah can’t wait for pictures!

7. RossWoods93

Car:
    LY Clio RS 200
    Haha the thread certainly took some finding!

Suspension is fine for my commute thanks Chris, if it gets me to and from work, with the odd weekend hoon that’s all I need :wink:

Beany likes this.
  8. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    nice one Ross..glad she is still getting your attention..should have given me a shout while you were here in Manchester..
    take care and looking forward to some pics...

9. JMR

JMR

Car:
    Porsche + LY200
    Looking forward to seeing updates Ross

I love the black wheels on my LY.
    Wheels were standard silver when we bought it for the mrs, and it was the first thing she wanted doing to it.

Other than that, its had fresh new white bulbs in the front and that about it.
    (oh and a full machine polish a couple of months ago)

I'm driving a 12 yr old Honda CR-V through winter as my daily now.
    Only 160000 miles on it ;-)