roblee8g Clio X85 Cup

roblee8g

Paid Member
I imported this Cup racer from the UK to Australia recently. It arrived in March and I have done a couple of track days in it. After an initial check, I had to do some repairs and was glad to have Alex from APMotorsport ship me the necessary parts. Here's a photo and a video from the most recent track day at Mallala (near Adelaide). I hope you enjoy them.
Mallala 190519.jpg

The wheels that came with the car showed a fair bit of scuffing & gouging incurred during 2 seasons of Clio Cup Benelux and 1 of Michelin Clio Cup Series. My project is to restore them to as-new condition.
Here is a typical wheel in the as-received condition. The next step is paint- black rim1.jpg black rim2.jpg stripping.

I received the last 2 rims back from the paint-stripper yesterday. They are a bit battered, but a bit of TLC should get them ready for painting in a week or 2. How did the inner rim get so trashed?IMG_2618.jpg IMG_2619.jpg IMG_2622.jpg IMG_2618.jpg IMG_2619.jpg IMG_2622.jpg IMG_2623.jpg IMG_2624.jpg

Reactions: Sideshowfred
Quite possibly. Still getting accustomed to the sequential gearbox, but I'll give it a try. I think just downshifting faster will achieve the same thing. With the Sadev you need to de-clutch with every gear, so the feet are very busy. I'm taking my leads from Stefano Comini's you-tube videos when he was driving the Clio Cup Italia in 2012. Also I'm still getting the brake balance right. In May I was locking the fronts, but in June the rear was a bit squirrely (after lubricating the rear caliper sliders). Late braking is not my forté, but is a potential time saver. Thanks for watching & commenting.
BTW, in the later heats I was a bit faster, especially in the 8 lapper when the tyres were up to temp and I gained a bit of confidence.

Reactions: Sean197
Quite possibly. Still getting accustomed to the sequential gearbox, but I'll give it a try. I think just downshifting faster will achieve the same thing. With the Sadev you need to de-clutch with every gear, so the feet are very busy. I'm taking my leads from Stefano Comini's you-tube videos when he was driving the Clio Cup Italia in 2012. Also I'm still getting the brake balance right. In May I was locking the fronts, but in June the rear was a bit squirrely (after lubricating the rear caliper sliders). Late braking is not my forté, but is a potential time saver. Thanks for watching & commenting.
BTW, in the later heats I was a bit faster, especially in the 8 lapper when the tyres were up to temp and I gained a bit of confidence.
Well I didn't know that, I thought the Sadev boxes were proper sequential boxes and you only needed the clutch for pulling away in first gear?

Just to clarify - In the Clio 3, no clutch needed for upshifts if rpm> 3500, but clutch needs to be operated for downshifts.
In the Clio 4 Cup with paddles, you don't need to de-clutch for downshifts.

I travelled to Melbourne (from Adelaide), a distance of 850kms for 2 track days at Sandown Racecourse (on consecutive days). On the Saturday I was joined by 2 more Cup racers, making 3 of the 4 total in Australia in the 1 location. A couple of photos here, and I'll post a video or 2 after I have uploaded them. Photos by Jeff Bee and @apple3337 Sandown pits.jpg Sandown DD day.jpg

Do the other white and yellow Clio cups get their suspension sorted at HAKON in Somerton?

I went there on Monday and said he one of his clients owns one of them

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Do the other white and yellow Clio cups get their suspension sorted at HAKON in Somerton?

I went there on Monday and said he one of his clients owns one of them

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure. Simon (owner of the other white one) says that he had his suspension set-up some time ago and hadn't touched it since. I've been adjusting mine using the string line method. It's fairly straightforward with some simple tools including a steel rule and an inclinometer.

Reactions: wootwoot